Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Names Showing Up As String of Letters

SOLVED
Occasional Organizer

Names Showing Up As String of Letters

Hi everyone - 

Looking for input on why the names of people who subscribe to our list via Embedded JMML show up as follows:

First name & Last name

vxbshganzdcf dxshnabfcvgz

I appreciate your help.

5 REPLIES
CTCT Employee

Re: Names Showing Up As String of Letters

Hi @MiriamG8

I took a look at your account and do see a couple of contacts that have come in with a string of letters instead of a name. Typically when we see these via a sign up form it would indicate that they are automated fake sign ups from something like a sign up form on your website. Our Account Review team is best equipped to address these types of sign ups as they will be able to further discuss what steps can be taken to prevent them.

Jordan
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Organizer

Thanks Jordan! 

CTCT Employee

@MiriamG8

Of course! Let us know if you need anything else!

Jordan

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Visitor

I am new and just imported my list from.  I have legitimate email addresses (real people) who never provided first and last names.  So when they were imported their names show as strings of letters and numbers.  I want to make sure when I send out an email that in the "to" section it at least puts their email in instead of a string of letters/numbers. What do I need to do?  Thank you.

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

@HeatherH8644

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I'm apologize for any confusion there may be with insert the contact email into your campaigns. You can add contact details to your email, such as a first name, city, or state, through the Insert  function in the formatting table of a text block.

2018-12-10_17-20-15.png

I took a look at your account and can see you were able to add this into your campaign. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with!

Taryn Leinweber