cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Narrow by tags not visible

Occasional Participant

Re: Narrow by tags not visible

I am using a purchased template. In the Select Recipients, I select email list. The option to narrow by tag does not appear. How can I send an email using tags?

CTCT Employee

Hi @KimberlyG89,

Thanks for reaching out and we're sorry for any confusion about how to filter a list by tags when scheduling an email campaign. This function currently isn't available in accounts with more than 10,000 contacts. We understand how helpful this would be and we're collecting customer feedback for our programmers about it. In the meantime, you can simply just create an email list from your tags and schedule/send your email to a list rather than a tag. We apologize for any inconvenience!

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Participant

Thank you for getting back to me. Why would this feature be changed now? In the past, I have always used tags to send my email blasts. It seems like more features have been removed lately.

CTCT Employee

Hi @KimberlyG89

I'm sorry for the confusion and do understand why it would be helpful to narrow by tag especially with over 10,000 contacts. After reviewing your account, we can confirm that this wasn't a recent change, however it may appear this way since you were using our prior editor. Due to account limitations, this is currently unavailable.

We will certainly pass along your feedback for our engineers to continue to look into.

In the meantime, you are more than welcome to add your tagged contacts to a list directly as Nichelle mentioned. As an alternative, you are more than welcome to decrease your bounces which can reduce your contacts back under 10,000. This will restore this feature.

We're currently revamping this into a new segments feature which should provide some additional flexibility. You should see some expanded functionality with the segments feature coming very soon! 

Brian_H

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Participant

Does the Google  Analytics no longer work with the new editor? It is rather disappointing due to the change in editors we lose a lot of functionality. It is hard to justify using your product when a lot of the functionality is no longer there. 

CTCT Employee

Hi @KimberlyG89

You are able to include Google Analytics for campaigns created in our third-generation editor by following the steps listed in this Knowledge Base article here. I’m sorry if you feel any disappointment about certain features that might not be included in our newest editor. May I ask what features(such as narrow by tag which you had previously mentioned) you were looking to be included? We are constantly making updates and improvements to this editor and I would be happy to send over your feedback to our Product team for review.

Brian_H

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.