cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Placing two pictures side - by - side in a template

SOLVED

Re: Placing two pictures side - by - side in a template

We need a solution for the first generation editor.

Tags (3)
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Hello @JanetL57581,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Our First-Generation Editor is strictly custom code, which would have you create your entire email via code. However if you are currently referencing our Third-Generation editor which is the newest editor in your account, you will have the ability to add images side-by-side. Click here for an article that will go over all the information you need for creating up to 5 different columns in your email. Please let us know if this answers your question, if not, feel free to reach back out to us with any additional questions.

Tiago_R
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing

Thank you for your response.  Unfortunately, no matter how small I make my pictures, the larger dotted box around the picture and caption will not shrink as well.  Because of this, my pictures are still remaining one on top of the other.  I appreciate your help, but I still have an issue. 

Sincerely,

Bra Genie

Honored Contributor

Hi Jeannie,

If you would like, we could take a look at the email and see what else we can do. If we have your permission to access your account, please let us know what the name of the email is and we may be able to create a table in the  block which should help.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Visitor

I NEED HELP ADDING 2 IMAGES SIDE BY SIDE

I READ THE OTHER STEPS AND THEY SHOW UP ON THE BOTTOM

Hi vicciread,

Happy to help! It is easiest to put the images into a table to hold them side by side. You can insert a table right into the block like this:

2-19-2014 7-59-59 AM.jpg

Choose to insert two cells as shown above and then put one photo in each section! This will make sure they stay side by side. 

Hope this helps!

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Occasional Visitor

Thanks you this is exactly the solution I was searching for!

Occasional Participant

I too have noted that placing images side-by-side in a block is sometimes an issue, as well as adding a second image elsewhere in the block and having text wrap around it. What is the trick?

Honored Contributor

Hi,

Have you tried following the steps I posted above? Adding your first image and then immediately afterward adding your second? Another tip is to take your images to www.picnik.com and use their editor to create a collage. This will allow you to take both images and combine them into one.

I hope this helps,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Occasional Organizer

My issue is related to this.  I want to add 2 images to 1 image block, side by side, and have each linked to a different URL.  No matter what I try, the images end up one on top of the other instead of next to each other.  Help?