cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purging addresses that never open emails

Occasional Advisor

Purging addresses that never open emails

I have been sending emails, a bit randomly, for about three years. I plan to be more organized in the near future.

Meanwhile, some addresses have never opened a single email.  I would like to take them off the list to keep my list  less expensive.  Is there a way to search for "never opened"? Or is this a bad idea: keep them on the list if they don't unsubscribe?

18 REPLIES
CTCT Employee

Re: Purging addresses that never open emails

@MeredithA21

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. That is a great question! We unfortunately do not have a search option for any email addresses that have never opened your emails. However, there are steps you can take to get your did not opens on a list, and you can delete them if you choose. You can click here for instructions on this. Cleaning up your contact list is always a good idea!

In the meantime, if you have any further questions please feel free to reach out to us here. We are always happy to assist you in any way we can. Enjoy your weekend!

Taryn Leinweber
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Advisor

Thank you.  That sure is a lot of steps, but I will try it. Thanks for the quick reply!

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

@MeredithA21

You are very welcome! Feel free to email your username and a reference to this post to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com and we can submit your feedback on having a quicker way to remove the did not open email addresses. I also encourage you to check out our Feedback area of the Community where you can post any additional feedback you have and chime in with other customers sharing their ideas. Have a wonderful weekend!

Taryn Leinweber

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Advisor

I guess it is a solution, though extraordinarily complex, and I have to watch the video and write up my own guide: there's no written guide, as far as I can tell.  I don't think this is a paticularly good solution, so I don't plan to click "accepted solution."  Not your fault, of course!  You have been very helpful. 

Meanwhile, I have done little purges by going to a recent email that has a good open percentage, looking at the Did Not Open list, and clicking names on the list.  When I get to a name that has never opened my emails, or has not opened the last five emails or whatever, I delete that name.

CTCT Employee

Hello @MeredithA21,

I'm sorry that our current solutions aren't up to the task. I'm passing your feedback on to our developers, so that they know exactly what you're looking for. If you have any other feedback or suggestions on how to make the product better, we'd love to hear them!

Aaron H

Visitor

Please do submit this request to whomever does the program updates because it would be VERY VERY helpful to be able to search for contacts who have never opened any email. I'm going through the process of looking through THOUSANDS of email addresses to do this manually and of course this doesn't make me feel like Constant Contact is a highly user-friendly system. Search features need to be significantly enhanced. Thank you.

Occasional Advisor

Yes. Please have the developers give us a way to see people who have not opened any emails, or any emails in the past two years, etc.  There is no solution now, so I can't "accept as solution."

Hi @MeredithA21 and @NancyS294

I apologize for any inconvenience not having this feature has caused. We're always looking for ways to improve our users' experiences. Because of this I did want to let you both know this feature request has been submitted in both of your accounts and passed on our engineers! 

Frankie P.

Occasional Advisor

Thank you. I appreciate that something may be done about this difficulty.