cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reactivate unsubscribes

Occasional Contributor

Reactivate unsubscribes

Where is the information on the procedure?
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Reactivate unsubscribes

Hello @JohnA405. I see that you did talk to a member of our Support team about this issue shortly after posting in the Community but I did want to answer the question in case anyone else here needed to know this as well. Constant Contact is permission-based so we can only start the resubscribing process if a contact requests to be added back into the account. We do not send emails to contacts through Constant Contact once they have unsubscribed nor can we add them back manually. If you do have a contact that possibly either accidentally unsubscribed or unsubscribed but wants to receive your emails again, you would want to send them the link to one of your sign-up form so they can sign up themselves. You would have to email them the link using a work or personal email address. Here is an FAQ on how to do this. 

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
All Star

This no longer works because the Update Profile Form no longer has the options to create a URL, etc

Hi @MarkBentley. You would send the Form URL for your sign up form to your unsubscribed contacts. 

signupformurl.png

Caitlin M.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
All Star

That does not remove the "unsubscribe" - simply creates a duplicate email contact (which is surely wrong). I have sent an email to support on this issue this morning with further details and evidence.

Hello @MarkBentley. This method should not create a duplicate contact. When an unsubscribed contact clicks on the URL for your sign up form, they will see this message after entering their email address:

resubscribe.png

After clicking submit, they will receive an email with instructions which will look similar to this:

resubscribe2.png

After clicking to update their profile, they will see your Update Profile form. The message of "I wish to continue receiving occasional mailings based on my interests" will be selected. Once they click Update Profile, their changes will be saved and they will be able to receive emails from you again. 

resubscribe3.png

Caitlin M.

All Star

That is not what happens. Two contact records with the same email address are created (as you can see them in our account) as I made clear in my email this morning and no "update profile" option is supplied - the registration is accepted as a new contact.

In other words, your software does not work as claimed and I have provided the evidence that makes that clear.

CTCT Employee

Hello @MarkBentley

I'm sorry to hear this is happening. We would like to take a closer look at this. If you can please email us at Social_Support(at)ConstantContact(dot)com, we will be sure to research this and correspond with you on our findings. Please include screenshots, an example of a contact where this happened and any other details you may have.

Jonathan Rich

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!