cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Offers

SOLVED
Occasional Participant

Special Offers

How do I handle customers who present a special offer that they receive from my campaign and want to use AFTER our salesperson has provided a quote?  

Any help would be much appreciated.  I've tried googling for info but haven't found anything.

Thank you,

Lily

9 REPLIES 9
Participating Solution Provider

Re: Special Offers

Hi LillyS025,

Perhaps in your special offer details, the wording could outline that the special offer being shared only applies to new quote bookings from those particular campaigns as a reward for engaging with your newsletters, so encourage them to check in on your monthly offers announced through your newsletters so they don't miss out applying the savings at the time of their quote!

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

As Constant Contact Certified Partners & Trainers we host weekly free training webinars to help users master email marketing. Register here: https://www.marketadvertisepromote.com/events

Perhaps in your special offer details, the wording could outline that the special offer being shared only applies to new quote bookings from those particular campaigns as a reward for engaging with your newsletters, so encourage them to check in on your monthly offers announced through your newsletters so they don't miss out applying the savings at the time of their quote!

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

As Constant Contact Certified Partners & Trainers we host weekly free training webinars to help users master email marketing. Register here: https://www.marketadvertisepromote.com/events
CTCT Employee

Hello @LillyS025,

Thank you for bringing your question to the community!  We can't really tell you how you 'should' handle your discount policy, but generally speaking if they find the coupon before they've actually made a payment, they can apply the coupon when paying.  Whether they've gotten a quote doesn't seem like it should change whether or not they can apply a specific discount, but I'm sure there are exceptions to that generalization.

To better answer your question, I'd need to know a little bit more about what exactly it is that you are selling, and when/how those contacts are getting the coupons.  What's part of the 'quote' system that you're using is making applying that coupon difficult, or questionable?

Aaron H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Participant

Hi Aaron thank you for your reply.  We build and install patio covers and sunrooms.   Our sales person has already negotiated a price to close the sale.  Now this same customer presents a special offer they received in the email campaign I sent out to one of our team members who does the site check and requests to have that offer applied to the quoted price.  This causes an issue if the the salesperson has ready discounted the price of the patio cover to negotiate a close.  Hope this makes sense.

Thank you,

Lily

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

They presented the special offer they received in their email after they signed the contract and made a deposit.

CTCT Employee

Hello @LillyS025,

We can't tell you how to run your business obviously.  If they've already signed a contract, then I wouldn't expect that you're under any kind of obligation to add additional discounts that they received after signing a contract.  Just like you can't take a sales-receipt and a coupon back to a grocery store and get a discount on things you've already purchased.

Personally I would simply explain to them that they already received a discount as a courtesy from the agent who worked with them on their original set-up.  Most people are relatively understanding, especially if they've already received a discount, but there will also always be people who ask for more discounts than they should rightly receive, even after they've made deposits or signed contracts.

Aaron H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Participant

Thank you Aaron that makes a lot of sense and really helps me understand on how to handle the situation when it arises.  

Great info!

Have a great weekend and thanks again!

Lily

Hi LillyS025

great

Tags (1)