cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tonight from 11:00 PM - 12:00 AM ET we need to make a few updates to our site.
We recommend finishing up your work before 11:00 PM and logging in after 12:00 AM.
Thank you for your patience while we make these important updates.

Unable to Import Email Address of Contact

Regular Visitor

Unable to Import Email Address of Contact

I tried importing my contact list as an xlxs file. However, CC does not read dhayanadhan.sundaram@dailyhunt.in as an email address (although this is a valid working one). What can I do to avoid such issues?

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
CTCT Employee

Re: Unable to Import Email Address of Contact

Hello and thank you for reaching out to The Community! We are sorry to hear you’ve been having trouble uploading this contact from a file. You should not have an issue adding that contact. Does our system give you an error message when to upload your file? Also, have you attempted to add this contact by itself not part of your file?  

Antonas_S
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Regular Visitor

Hi, When I try uploading a contact list in an xlsx file, I'm able to match all fields except the email address. It says something on the lines of "the email address is not listed in the correct format". However, if I try matching it to a text field or company name, etc it accepts this. But I'm unable to save the contact anyway, as an email address is mandatory. I tried this with multiple email ids and received the same error. When I try typing in a contact manually (instead of uploading a file), this works. What do you think is the bug here?

Hi @user484117 

Was any of this information copied and pasted into your file from an outside source? Have you tried saving your contact list as a CSV and uploading this file instead? Based on the details you have shared, it sounds like there may be problematic formatting in the file itself. If you email us this file of contacts to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com we would be happy to troubleshoot this even further for you! We also have these tips to check that a contact list is in a compatible file type and is formatted correctly.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.