cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Updating subject line in a new email

Regular Visitor

Updating subject line in a new email

I am using an existing campaign email to draft my next email. When I change the subject line it insists that I use the personalization feature — it will not let me save my changes without personalization. I do not want to personalize.  I do not want to personalize.  I do not want to personalize.  I do not want to personalize.  What do I do? I needed to work on this tonight.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
CTCT Employee

Re: Updating subject line in a new email

Hello and thank you for reaching out to The Community. We’re sorry to hear you’ve been experiencing this. You should not be forced into using the Personalize option when setting up your subject line. Do you see the same issue if you use your browser’s Private / Incognito mode or a different browser entirely? If you haven't tired that yet I would recommend starting by testing that. These troubleshooting steps can help determine what may be the root of the issue.

Antonas_S
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

The problem arose because I used square brackets […] in place of regular brackets (…) inn my subject line, and your system uses square brackets for personalization. Once I removed them the problem didn’t appear.

Tags (1)
CTCT Employee

Hey there @KiranjitR 

I'm glad to hear that this was resolved!

Please let us know if there is anything else you need, we're always happy to help!

Brigitte P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.