cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Upper limit on email addresses

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Organizer

Upper limit on email addresses

In the near future I would like to send an email campaign to appx. 800 recipients.

In the past, a colleague of mine had his email address blocked for sending large volumes of emails from Outlook. Does Constant Contact provide any protection against this happening?

Also, is there an upper limit / recommended limit of the number of emails I can send a day with CC?

Any input greatly appreciated

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Upper limit on email addresses

HI Mark,

Thanks for posting! Constant Contact is designed to send bulk emails and we have a great sending reputation with other ISP's so you don't have to worry about the bulk being blocked. There is no limit to the number of emails you send from your account but instead, we would suggest looking at how many emails you are sending to your contacts. For example, if you have 800 email addresses, sending to them all at once is not a problem but if you want to send them all three different emails, make sure you space them out. This is not because the mail would not be delivered but instead, there is a concern for how many contacts might opt out.

If you are still concerned about sending to the large list there are a couple of things you can do to help. First, make sure Authentication is on in your account. This is an extra step to ensure your email is recognized as coming from Constant Contact. Second, if you are sending to one domain or company, ask them to whitelist to make sure your email gets through their filters.

Hope this helps, 

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!

Re: Upper limit on email addresses

This post thread is archived, content is saved for education. Links will not be updated. If you need additional information please create a new post. 

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!