Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens next?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Solution Provider

What happens next?

Hello, I created a trackable coupon. My account shows I have one new customer. Not sure how this all works, how do they use the coupons? Will the percentage come off in paypal automatically?
5 REPLIES 5
CTCT Employee

Re: What happens next?

Hello @KathleenN05 ,

The coupons are emailed to the customer with a QR code so that they can be scanned  and marked as redeemed.  For your account, the coupon that was taken is listed on your deal information page with the Code showing.  The code displays on the email for your customer as well.  If you are using PayPal, you can take the Codes shown and you should be able to add them as "Discounts" so that someone can take the percent off of their purchase.  If you have questions on how to input the codes and percentage off through PayPal, we would ask that you reach out to them so they can better assist you, you can also search their FAQ's here.  

You can also reach out to the contact(s) who accepted the coupon and give them specific instructions, if needed.  

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.  

Does Not Work

How would our website know to accept every random code that this generates? In order for the coupon to be valid on our site it has to be a pre-determined code that can be inserted into the back end of our site. Is their a way to make a manual code?
Regular Advisor

Re: Does Not Work

Hi @StacyF59

That’s a great question!  Yes, there is a way to grab a manual code and put it on your website. If you go to your live coupon, and to the right hand side you should see a url that says http:// conta.cc- you can use this url to go ahead and put it on your website for your customers to use.

Shweta Iyer
Community & Social Media Support Intern

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Regular Visitor

tracking coupon sharing

How do I know if a customer is sharing the email I'm sending or not? If the offer is to give an additional discount for sharing, how will I know?
CTCT Employee

Re: tracking coupon sharing

Hello @RaymondT2,

Great question! You can see the reports of who has shared your coupon on the reporting page. Once your coupon has been published and you have sent the email out, you will click on the name of the campaign like you would do with a normal email to access the reporting.

Brittany W
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.