cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bounces

bounces

I've noticed when I check the bounced report several emails under recommended for removal as non-existent or suspended have been opened recently (less than two weeks ago) on previous emails.

How do I know if the email addresses listed here are really bad?  

Don't want to delete someone who still wants to receive our information.

1 REPLY

Re: bounces

Hi @PatrickIETF

That's a great question! Emails bounce as non-existent if there are any typos or the email address is no longer in use. We would suggest double-checking for any obvious typos. While on the other hand, contacts that bounce as suspended after repeatedly bouncing as non-existent. A contact can become suspended from any Constant Contact account sending email to it. For both types of bounces we would suggest contacting them outside of Constant Contact to see if they are still good. In fact, here's an article we have that goes over the different types of bounces and how they can be resolved.

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.