cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing background colour for particular areas

Highlighted
Visitor

changing background colour for particular areas

I want to change the background colour of different sections on my newsletter - can i do this. For example the first image and text will have a white background, the information underneath this will be on a grey background - how do you do this?

3 REPLIES 3
Occasional Visitor

Changing Background Color

Hi how do we change the backgrounf to make our Logo show better as the green is too dark. Thanks,
Tags (2)

Re: Changing Background Color

Hi johnc6086

Great question! To change the background color of the entire email you will want to change the Background color icon in the Colors & Fonts menu. 

This is located on the left of the entire email when you are in the editing mode.

12-22-2014 8-09-36 AM.jpg

If you would rather change the color of just that block click into that block to edit and use the paint bucket icon to change the background color of the block.

Hope this helps,

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!

Re: changing background colour for particular areas

Hello @LouiseG866. I can definitely show you how you can change the background colors in your email. With our next-generation editor, there are certain blocks called Headline blocks where you can have a colored background. But first, we'll want to select the color you want. 

Go over to your Colors tab and choose the color that you would like to have for the rest of the information (in your case, grey). I used purple here.

3geblockcolor.png

Next, go over to the Build tab and click and drag one of the blocks that I highlighted in red into your email. The dark purple will expand with the text that you type in. The second block with the light purple is a featured article block that does stick out a little more.

3geblockcolor2.png

Let us know if you need any more assistance!

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.