Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to add contacts?

Occasional Participant

Re: Import a list of emails

There is no option for "Do not import"

Marketing Advisor

Hello @Jackson_School, when uploading your contacts in to your account there is only the ability to upload the contacts that you would like to have in your account. Any un-wanted contacts should not be included on the list that you will be uploading. However, if there is information in columns you wish to not upload, you can select the ‘do not import’ option in the dropdown field header of each column.  See image below.

do not import.png

I hope this is helpful, and thanks for joining us in the community!

Occasional Participant

I am still having difficulty. The file being imported has only 1 column / field. If there is no firstname lastname field, I can't indicate not to import it. And yet those fields are linked to?

CTCT Employee

Hi @Jackson_School,

I'm sorry you're still experiencing troubles importing your contacts, and we definitely want to look into this for you. Please send an email to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com and include the username for your account, your file, and the name of the email list you want to add these contacts to. This will help us further troubleshoot. Thanks and we hope to hear from you soon!

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

is if possible to upload a list of emails from another database?

I will appreciate a reply, either by phone or by email....I held onto the coaching line for about 7 minutes but gave up after that. I just signed up for a free trial. Tama Traberman,

Highlighted

Re: is if possible to upload a list of emails from another database?

Just download a .csv file from your other database the upload that to CC just make sure the columns with the emails are labeled at the top of the column.

Re: is if possible to upload a list of emails from another database?

Hello @TamaT3,

@MattB295 made a great suggestion about downloading your contacts as a .csv file and then uploading it into our system. 

I also wanted to let you know we do have some integrations to make the process more automated depending on what kind of system you currently use to storage your contacts. Check out our Marketplace to see if any of these will help you.

I hope you enjoy your experience with Constant Contact and let us know if there is anything else we can do to help!

Welcome to the Community!

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.