cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Customers are currently being directed to the wrong department when calling into Support. We are working on this issue and will update you as soon as we know more.

how to embed video in an email?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

how to embed video in an email?

Hey, our ministry would like to embed video in the email itself.  Our videos are hosted at Vimeo but we send out most everything in a CC email campaign.  What's the best way to make the video look like it is actually in the email?

60 REPLIES

Can I embed Video in my newsletter

I am looking to see if I can embed video in my newsletters - can anyone confirm that this is possible in constant contact

Solution Provider

Our "Video in Email - A Definitive Guide" has all the answers you need: http://tinyurl.com/aw44s6

Occasional Participant

I would suggest that you create an account on youtube.com and upload the video. After it’s published or uploaded successfully, create an image of the video and add to your newsletter. Set the image to either link to a page on website or directly to the video on your YouTube channel. Here is an example of a video that we had linked from a newsletter. It pointed to our landing page and within the landing page the newsletter recipient would click on the video to play. The video was an interview with Constant Contact's Regional Director. To view, go to http://www.yourhostsolutions.com/email-videos.html I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions or need any clarifications on how to integrate video into your email newsletters. Africa Riviera, Web Consultant YourHostSolutions.com

Solution Provider

DadBlaze has already mentioned the Video in Email - A Definitive Guide which definitely has all the answers you need http://tinyurl.com/aw44s6 In short embed is not an option, but there are other far more effective ways to get around that and adding video to your email marketing campaign could increase your click-throughs significantly.

video

can you embed video from youtube into constatnt contact emails?; if so, how
Occasional Visitor

video

I recently read a side by side online review that analyzed several email marketing companies. I recall CTCT not offering a video service. A video service/interface would be great though.

Solution Provider

video

The ONLY email client that allows you to display an embedded YouTube video is Gmail -- and then ONLY if you have added one of the new "lab tools."

So, I would not get my hopes up. The best way, still, is to use a still frame from the video with a play button superimposed, that links to the Video on a server.

Is it possible to embed videos in CC?

Is thie capability being investigated for CC?

Contributing Developer

Is it possible to embed videos in CC?

You need to capture a screen grab of the video and include it has a graphic link. I have done this for clients many times and can tell you the click rate did increase a lot. Pay a lot of attention to the frame you grab and make it as compelling to open as possible. Even if the frame grab isn't the initial frame of the video.

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!