cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

inserting text

inserting text

I am trying to edit text. Two things - the tab function doesnt work. So if I want to enter two columns, they dont work. 
Second, if I insert a space, it deletes the letter following it. I cannot seem to insert text like I would in Word. 
Please help. 

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1

Re: inserting text

Hi @StraightSpouseNetwork 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your email. I apologize for any inconvenience caused from you not being able to tab your text! You are correct, at this time our email editor does not have the ability to insert tabs. This is however a feature request submitted to our Product Team on your behalf. As a workaround you do have the option of copying text that includes a tab from an outside source. Our editor will recognize it as non-breaking spaces and they remain after saving. You can also add underscores and change the font color to match the background color.

As for your space bar deleting text, this is not an experience I was able to replicate. Is this happening for you in more than one browser?  Does the space bar continue to delete text after hitting the insert button on your keyboard? We have seen cases where users unknowingly hit their insert button. This insert key will cause you to overwrite text to the right of the cursor as you type.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.