Occasional Visitor
JudyF4

Newbie seeks web site advice

Hi everyone... I'm exec director for a nonprofit trade association and joined CC in January. I've sent out two newsletters, several bulletins and am working on a third newsletter. We eliminated our printed newsletter completely.

We've had a web site for several years but I am unhappy with the provider. I'm stuck with them by contract for another two or three years. Their utilities are clunky and every time I try to upload anything it goes into terminal "blue circle of death" mode, SO I'm wondering how - or if - I can set up a CC website/blog that people could easily find, to sort of side step the current web site.

As you might have guessed, I'm not exactly a techie.

Thanks for any advice y'all can share!

Regular Advisor
BuyGifts.com

Re: Newbie seeks web site advice

I'm not sure why you have signed a contract. Hosting companies I've used have never requried one. Perhaps you did this with the company that built your website as a package deal? If so, I would try talking to them and discuss your frustrations. If they're a reasonable company that's also concerned about their reputation, maybe they can find a solution for you and/or let you out of the contract. 

I'm not sure about CC blog but you can set up a free blog easily through Wordpress.com or Blogger.com. There are also hundreds of free templates you can use online. 

I hope this helps! 

Mike Donovan
BuyGifts.com
Jarrad_M
Topics: 276
Kudos: 235
Solutions: 89

Re: Newbie seeks web site advice

Hi Judy,

Welcome to the Community!

Constant Contact does not currently offer a blogging program. I think your best bet at this time is to check out Wordpress. It's easy to use, from what I've heard.

If you have any other questions, just let the Community know!

Members like Mike are always willing to help!

Thanks Mike!

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!