Community Coach Insights: Using Canva to improve your conversion rates

Ability To Delete Multiple Blocks At Once

Would like to know if there is a way to select multiple, contiguous sections of a campaign in the GUI editor to delete all at once. Right now, I find myself having to process a LOT of clicks to delete content, dividers, photos, etc. from existing campaigns. Any assistance is MOSR appreciated!

6 Comments
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @MelhaShriners what campaign editor are you looking for this ability in? If you are working in our email editor, does deleting the whole layout section through the trash button under the gear icon not fit your needs?

3ge-coupon-layout-side-menu-delete-step12.png

Bromagnoli24
Rookie

Hi Frankie_P,

I would like to pick up on MelhaShriners question.

I too am wondering if there is a way to select and delete multiple sections.  To answer your question, deleting one section through the Trash button under the gear icon is fine when you just have a couple of sections to delete, but becomes time consuming when you have a ton of sections to delete.

For my part, I know that a quick way around this issue for me would be if I can go into an older campaign, select and copy a section and be able to paste it into a new campaign with all the images, formatting etc still intact.  Is that possible in CC?

A quick example of where these issues occur is as follows: You prepare a full email campaign with multiple announcements and sections etc, going into detail with the design of each section.  Then a week later you want to resend just one event from that old email....it would be great to be able to copy that event from the old email and paste it into a new campaign, or, copy the old campaign and quickly delete all the unwanted events from the new campaign through some kind of section-bulk-delete option.

Let me know if any of this is possible in Constant Contact.  

Thank you!

SeanJ

PaulL5777
Rookie

Add a section container that allows multiple layouts and use it like a trashcan.  Drag the layouts you no longer want in your campaign into it and then delete the section.  The drag and drop takes a bit to get used to but in the end it is much faster and less frustrating than deleting the layouts individually.

Kyle_R
Administrator
Status changed to: Gathering Information

To add to what Paul said, you do have the ability to group blocks together in a section in our Cross Platform Editor. This can work to help delete, move, or copy multiple blocks. This article shows some instructions and screenshots on how to group blocks

It does still take some effort to move blocks into the section and may not be the most clear, so we'll keep this suggestion open for any additional comments or feedback.

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

We're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect its current status with our engineering team and also made slight changes to the subject line in order for it to be more easily found. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release.

GeoCatch
Campaign Collaborator

Hi All. Looks like this has been an ongoing issue for others for quite some time. Can the developers please consider the ability to select multiple sections and delete all at once, it is very time-consuming having to delete every single block/ text box/ picture in an email campaign that you are re-using/ copying from before. Surely a function to hold down shift or control, click on the ones you want to delete, and delete them all is not too hard to code?

Thanks for the consideration, 
Andrew.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More