Ability to Edit Thank You Page on Survey Landing Pages

Can you please consider adding the ability to customize the message that appears after a respondent clicks submit in the new Survey Pages? In the old survey format, we had the ability to customize the closing message and we miss this feature. All it says now is "thank you, your response has been submitted", but there's lots of opportunity to share a bit of follow-up information here.

Thanks for considering our request!

22 Comments
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @RobynH73 what on your survey's closing page are you looking to customize? Where in the creation process would you expect to be able to do this?

RobynH73
Regular Participant

We'd love to ask if they have time to leave us a Google review after filling out the survey. It's also a spot to include contact information for further questions/inquiries and let them know that they'll be added to our draw.

I understand that we may be able to add a text box to that effect below the Submit button, but I worry that navigating our customers off of the survey page before hitting submit may cause them to abandon their survey submission. 

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @RobynH73 thanks for following up with these examples! We have successfully submitted this request to the appropriate team on your behalf. We have also opened up this idea so other users can weigh in as well.

DeaconE
Occasional Participant

As much as we like the new survey system and its modern look, there are significant differences from the legacy system that have a negative effect on our use of surveys. 

1. Legacy surveys provided for chained operations; once a survey has been submitted, the respondent is redirected to another site, in our case, a donation/pay page (WePay.) Since this is a primary use of surveys for us, this loss of function is unacceptable and either should be addressed directly or an alternate method should be implemented.
  2. Legacy surveys provided for scoring/ranking questions with a comment field. This facility is no longer possible in the new survey system. Although checkboxes could be used as a workaround, the resulting data (data file) is less than functional for these responses as compared with the legacy results.
  3.  Legacy surveys provided two essential processes that are no longer as functional in the new survey system:
    1.  Individual responses could be downloaded (print version) as a single PDF. The new survey system, to achieve a similar report, requires a cut and paste operation from the individual response screen.
    2. The second issue is the resulting data file when downloading a complete response data file. The old system generated a single .cvs file that was easily analyzed. The new file format is, to say the least, ineffective for analysis purposes without considerable manipulation.

It would be best for us for you to allow for the continued current status for legacy surveys (copy/edit) until the issues described about are resolved or workarounds or new processes are developed.

Looking forward to your response and plans for resolutions.

The A.C.N.M. Foundation, Inc.

JamesR38541
Participant
Why is it a default setting that once you schedule a survey email it says: Delivery Date: Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 11:45 PM PDT Once the email is sent, a confirmation email will be sent to (emailaddress@server.com). I've tried selecting and deselecting the box on the scheduling page but no matter what I do I get the above message. This is not necessary, requested, and is not a feature we want and I don't recall this happening automatically over the last few emails sent. Also the new survey builder is incredibly limited and doesn't have enough settings to create the best survey for our needs or for client experience. Additionally, the changes for how to email survey invites is lacking features the legacy survey had such as the option for a greeting or closing page that could be customized, as well as copying invitations so that the process for multiple emails was very quick.
JasonR
Participant
The old Survey Form that you are discontinuing has a closing page that enables us to include personalized messages, reference emails, and links back to our website. Please add this option to the new Survey form.
Administration
Occasional Participant
Can we still have a preview page and a closing page to the survey? I can't find that option. Within the question, there doesn't appear to be any formatting available, am I not looking in the right place?
SafalPartners
Consulting & Training

This "improvement" is a huge step backwards. 

1. I relied on being able to provide people with a closing page that offered customizable linked webpages for upcoming information, promotional items etc. 

2. There's no way to hyperlink material within the survey

3. There's no way to provide additional buttons that people can click and open in a different window

Please improve this "improvement."

Frankie_P

Hi @Administration by preview page, are you looking to view and preview your survey before sending it to your contacts? As for the closing page, at this time the updated survey campaigns do not currently offer the ability to edit the thank you page. This is however a feature request we are tracking feedback on. Because of this we have merged your post into a larger thread on having the ability to edit a survey's thank you page.

krabbeman
Participant

Have we fixed this issue yet? We need to have the closing page to direct them to the next step. It's a basic call-to-action tactic. thank you. 

ervenancio
Occasional Participant

Would like to see a closing page with a 'thank you message' to those completing the survey, as well as the option for them to receive a copy through email or pdf of their survey responses for their record. 

TroyH8
Retail

We seriously can't edit the closing page?

DougP72
Consulting & Training

Echoing the words of another commenter, the new survey is missing items that were critical for our usage. 

1. Legacy surveys provided for chained operations; once a survey has been submitted, the respondent is redirected to another site, in our case, a certificate of completion needed for compliance with governing bodies. Since this is a primary use of surveys for us.
  2. Legacy surveys provided for scoring/ranking questions with a comment field. This facility is no longer possible in the new survey system. The majority of our survey was laid out in this way, taking away this function makes the survey almost 4 times longer than the older version.
PlanoChamber
Participant

Before the update, we used the closing page to provide a link that acted as an incentive to take the survey. It worked! We were getting 80% participation in the monthly surveys. Now the update has taken away our ability to leverage that link because there is no closing message. I echo everyone here who is asking for the feature to return and as quickly as possible.

amyj9708
Participant

I would very much like this to be an option within the platform. Customizing the closing page after submitting a survey can not only help to better utilize a brand's voice and tone for their audience but also create a way to direct a user back to a secondary CTA. Please do consider this as a means to extend users' benefits from utilizing Constant Contact for their marketing needs.

TPLRebecca
Regular Participant

I also second what others have already said above:

1) Legacy surveys provided for chained operations; once a survey has been submitted, the respondent is redirected to another site, in our case, a certificate of completion needed for compliance with governing bodies. Since this is a primary use of surveys for us.

2) Legacy surveys provided for scoring/ranking questions with a comment field. This facility is no longer possible in the new survey system. The majority of our survey was laid out in this way, taking away this function makes the survey almost 4 times longer than the older version.

But most of all 3) Before the update, we used the closing page to provide a link that acted as an incentive to take the survey. It worked! We were getting 80% participation in the monthly surveys. Now the update has taken away our ability to leverage that link because there is no closing message. I echo everyone here who is asking for the feature to return and as quickly as possible.

Please bring back the ability to edit the closing page - this is crucial for us. the other two points would be nice to have as well.

thanks,

Diana

SonyaJ52
Participant

Hello CC Team, I just set-up my first New Survey Page. I love the ease of setting it up and appreciate the options to customize. What isn't working for me is not being able to access the "Thank you" page to added additional information. This is a critical obstacle as I need to be able to provide a link to a landing page, which is tied to a contact list with is links to an automated email. Help!

TPLRebecca
Regular Participant

We too are very frustrated by the loss of being able to direct people to our website after they complete the survey AND especially the loss of the closing page where we used to offer a link to download a free MP3 to thank them for participating in the survey.  How could these features possibly have been omitted in the new survey creator tool????!!!  This will affect all of our various surveys!!!  We're not happy and request that we are allowed to continue to use the Legacy survey until we get the function of a closing page or a redirect to our website after submitting the survey!!!

CarlC421
Participant

There are a few things that disturb me about the new Survey program being launched by CTCT.

ONE    In the past, any survey sent out that just copied the link and put it into an e-mail, the respondents were anonymous. I assumed that was still the case, told folks it was anonymous, then was surprised to see their names and e-mails revealed in the results. Made me feel deceptive (sure wasn’t trying to be). How can we make this new survey platform be anonymous?

TWO   When the results are downloaded, it appears that quotation marks (“) SOMETIMES (but not always) get transcribed as ‚Äú‚Ķ or just ‚Äú. In the same way an apostrophe (‘) SOMETIMES (but not always) gets transcribed as ‚Äô

THREE           The biggest thing is that we cannot customize the thank-you-message to people who have completed the survey. Very few people complete a survey (you will see on our Survey titled “SOS21 Satisfaction Survey” that 159 people started it and only 63 submitted it). If we were able to customize that thank-you-message we could tell everyone something like, “make sure you complete the survey by hitting SUBMIT – do that and you will get information for a free xxxx”

PCPG
Occasional Participant

Hi there! I'm echoing this CRITICAL issue of the loss of the landing page. We used the landing page to provide a link to download a certificate that proved submission of the survey and therefore gave the participants continuing education credits. If the results are anonymous, I can't provide them with the certificate because I can't prove who took it. This is a MASSIVE problem for our nonprofit and I can't believe that this new survey page has been implemented for essentially 6 months and no one has made an effort to fix this problem or offer a solution (like using the old survey system).  This thread seems pretty unanimous in its complaint and no one from Constant Contact has even replied??

MirandaC614
Participant

Please add the function of a "Thank you for your submission" page and space to add next steps or additional information. This is a feature you removed when you discontinued the legacy survey option.

BrianD80
Retail

Wow.  I always forget that you can't modify the closing page and here I am again today trying to find how to modify the closing page so I can add links to sources we used for the answers for our Trivia Questions.  You have to understand how much of an oversite this is on CC part.  You can't tell me that someone over there said.. Heck with it.  We just don't need to give that functionality to our customers.

Please fix this.

Bill

What happens with product feedback?

Find out about the life-cycle of a product idea when it is posted on our Feedback board.

Read More

What's New

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More