Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Edit an activated automated email

Can you please update the program to be able to add/edit an automation series? As a new creator I am constantly changing things and need to upgrade my welcome series as I learn new things. Having to make a new one every single time is becoming overwhelming in the process.

6 Comments
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @ArikkaH thank you for sharing this feedback with us! We have opened up your idea so other users can weigh in on this as well.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Acknowledged

We are updating the status of this request to support our new community idea statuses and add better insight into your feedback. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request but should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and are continuing to collect requests on this idea.

RebeccaK358
Rookie

This is a must!  And it is also a very common feature amongst other providers.  Dynamic emails containing current and relevant information sell better than stale ones.

Kyle_R
Administrator

Quick point of clarification in case this request isn't clear - the content of emails in an active series can be edited.

Once the automated campaign is activated, you can no longer re-order or add steps to the automation. You can also not change the trigger type or duration.

Once the automated trigger for the automated campaign is set to disabled, contacts will no longer be added to the series and the ability to edit the emails also no longer works. 

There seems to be two separate changes being requested here. It seems like some want to change the automated triggers, and some are losing the ability to edit emails from a disabled trigger. I'm going to move some of these comments for editing the duration trigger into their an existing thread on that so that we can track and make appropriate updates to these issues separately. Thanks! 

MyWordPressGuy
Constant Contact Partner

Currently, if one edits the sequence, it stalls it. This combined with the fact that you can't add someone to the same list twice means...it's dead in the water. This is short-sighted and a HUGE glitch in your workflow.

PLEASE FIX IT!

MyWordPressGuy
Constant Contact Partner

You give us a 60 step limit on automations. We see that the automations are enormously unreliable. The editing process (SOME aspect of it...no one seems to know) appears to be at the heart of this. WHY do I have to deactivate to see my time delays and triggers? PLUS...there is no counter available that tells us how close to the 60 step limit we are.

WHY?

WHEN will this system work reliably?

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More