cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Guests After Someone has Registered

Adding Guests After Someone has Registered

Once a Registration is completed, there is NO WAY to add a 'guest' and 'pay' for the guest out of the Registrants record. This is creating 'untold' problems for our event, since the 'leaders' of this event Registered themselves before they figured out if they were bringing any guests. Most of our leaders just want to add a guest, with the guest email address, but NOT have them see the 'fee' that was paid for them. What we've been doing is creating a 'registration' record for one guest with a 'different' email address, so that the payment amount is not seen by the 'guest'. Then we have to change the name on the payment page, where the Credit Card info goes...which still has the bogus email address. A major issue is that once that email address has been used. It can't be used again. We don't have a limitless number of email addresses to play this game very well. Also, one of our leaders added a registration of her guest and then added another guest on that record...but I didn't see the 'who do you want to sit with' field that I added to the Registration page for the 'additional' guest. That field only showed up for the Guest registration that was done. This is 'very' painful...!! If you're going to look at our contacts and registrants, here are the names to look for: Anne H.; Carmela K.(this is where the additional Guest is inserted with no 'who do you want to sit with' field. we'd like it if we could add a guest 'after' an initial registration and to be able to preclude the guest from getting the 'payment' info...but to be able to get any other emails sent out from CC. Also, when I went to look for Carmela K in the Contact list...I don't see her in that list...but she is in the Registrants list. Very hard to manage this...!! I'm whining...!

28 Comments
All Star
We need to be able to add guests to someone who has already registered.

Thanks for the feedback, Sidney. 

You can edit the guests first and last name if you would like. If it is a paid event and you are looking to remove or add a guest you would need to cancel the registrant and ask them to re-register with the correct information. 

Status changed to: New

Status changed to: Vote for this idea if you agree

Occasional Visitor
It would be terrific if I could add additional guests to an event attendee after they have completed their registration.
Status changed to: Voting Open

All Star
It would be nice for the campaign admin to add a guest to a current registrant (someone that has already registered) from the back-end.
All Star

We use Constant Contact for registering individuals and their guests for our annual dinners. One recurring issue and problem is that we cannot add a guest to a registration once the registration has been submitted. And, of course, people are blocked from using their email address to register a guest on a new registration once their email address has been used for that initial registration.

I would really like the ability to edit the registration details to add guests with their meal choices.

Does anyone have a work around? I would hate to delete their registration and have to ask someone to re-enter their registration. My fear would be that they just wouldn't give us a second chance.

Thank you,

Kent Ping

Occasional Visitor

so-- no updates or responsesto solve the problem

@FashionMattersChicago wrote:

Once a Registration is completed, there is NO WAY to add a 'guest' and 'pay' for the guest out of the Registrants record. This is creating 'untold' problems for our event, since the 'leaders' of this event Registered themselves before they figured out if they were bringing any guests. Most of our leaders just want to add a guest, with the guest email address, but NOT have them see the 'fee' that was paid for them. What we've been doing is creating a 'registration' record for one guest with a 'different' email address, so that the payment amount is not seen by the 'guest'. Then we have to change the name on the payment page, where the Credit Card info goes...which still has the bogus email address. A major issue is that once that email address has been used. It can't be used again. We don't have a limitless number of email addresses to play this game very well. Also, one of our leaders added a registration of her guest and then added another guest on that record...but I didn't see the 'who do you want to sit with' field that I added to the Registration page for the 'additional' guest. That field only showed up for the Guest registration that was done. This is 'very' painful...!! If you're going to look at our contacts and registrants, here are the names to look for: Anne H.; Carmela K.(this is where the additional Guest is inserted with no 'who do you want to sit with' field. we'd like it if we could add a guest 'after' an initial registration and to be able to preclude the guest from getting the 'payment' info...but to be able to get any other emails sent out from CC. Also, when I went to look for Carmela K in the Contact list...I don't see her in that list...but she is in the Registrants list. Very hard to manage this...!! I'm whining...!

Please provide an option to reopen an event after it's closed for situations where a late participant wants to register or the deadline has been extended. For new customers like me, I realized my lesson the hard way and now I know I will put an end date that far surpasses by actual end date and just manually turn registration on and off. But this doesn't really address the issue because then my end date is fake and the event remains active long after necessary. So an option to reopen after it's closed would be SUPER helpful. Now I have to make a copy of the event and send a new URL to thousands of people who just received the old one because the deadline was extended and I'm new to CC and forgot to change the end date in the event.