cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Adding Guests After Someone has Registered

Adding Guests After Someone has Registered

Once a Registration is completed, there is NO WAY to add a 'guest' and 'pay' for the guest out of the Registrants record. This is creating 'untold' problems for our event, since the 'leaders' of this event Registered themselves before they figured out if they were bringing any guests. Most of our leaders just want to add a guest, with the guest email address, but NOT have them see the 'fee' that was paid for them. What we've been doing is creating a 'registration' record for one guest with a 'different' email address, so that the payment amount is not seen by the 'guest'. Then we have to change the name on the payment page, where the Credit Card info goes...which still has the bogus email address. A major issue is that once that email address has been used. It can't be used again. We don't have a limitless number of email addresses to play this game very well. Also, one of our leaders added a registration of her guest and then added another guest on that record...but I didn't see the 'who do you want to sit with' field that I added to the Registration page for the 'additional' guest. That field only showed up for the Guest registration that was done. This is 'very' painful...!! If you're going to look at our contacts and registrants, here are the names to look for: Anne H.; Carmela K.(this is where the additional Guest is inserted with no 'who do you want to sit with' field. we'd like it if we could add a guest 'after' an initial registration and to be able to preclude the guest from getting the 'payment' info...but to be able to get any other emails sent out from CC. Also, when I went to look for Carmela K in the Contact list...I don't see her in that list...but she is in the Registrants list. Very hard to manage this...!! I'm whining...!

30 Comments
All Star
We need to be able to add guests to someone who has already registered.

Thanks for the feedback, Sidney. 

You can edit the guests first and last name if you would like. If it is a paid event and you are looking to remove or add a guest you would need to cancel the registrant and ask them to re-register with the correct information. 

Status changed to: New

Status changed to: Vote for this idea if you agree

Occasional Visitor
It would be terrific if I could add additional guests to an event attendee after they have completed their registration.
Status changed to: Voting Open

All Star
It would be nice for the campaign admin to add a guest to a current registrant (someone that has already registered) from the back-end.
All Star

We use Constant Contact for registering individuals and their guests for our annual dinners. One recurring issue and problem is that we cannot add a guest to a registration once the registration has been submitted. And, of course, people are blocked from using their email address to register a guest on a new registration once their email address has been used for that initial registration.

I would really like the ability to edit the registration details to add guests with their meal choices.

Does anyone have a work around? I would hate to delete their registration and have to ask someone to re-enter their registration. My fear would be that they just wouldn't give us a second chance.

Thank you,

Kent Ping

Occasional Visitor

so-- no updates or responsesto solve the problem

@FashionMattersChicago wrote:

Once a Registration is completed, there is NO WAY to add a 'guest' and 'pay' for the guest out of the Registrants record. This is creating 'untold' problems for our event, since the 'leaders' of this event Registered themselves before they figured out if they were bringing any guests. Most of our leaders just want to add a guest, with the guest email address, but NOT have them see the 'fee' that was paid for them. What we've been doing is creating a 'registration' record for one guest with a 'different' email address, so that the payment amount is not seen by the 'guest'. Then we have to change the name on the payment page, where the Credit Card info goes...which still has the bogus email address. A major issue is that once that email address has been used. It can't be used again. We don't have a limitless number of email addresses to play this game very well. Also, one of our leaders added a registration of her guest and then added another guest on that record...but I didn't see the 'who do you want to sit with' field that I added to the Registration page for the 'additional' guest. That field only showed up for the Guest registration that was done. This is 'very' painful...!! If you're going to look at our contacts and registrants, here are the names to look for: Anne H.; Carmela K.(this is where the additional Guest is inserted with no 'who do you want to sit with' field. we'd like it if we could add a guest 'after' an initial registration and to be able to preclude the guest from getting the 'payment' info...but to be able to get any other emails sent out from CC. Also, when I went to look for Carmela K in the Contact list...I don't see her in that list...but she is in the Registrants list. Very hard to manage this...!! I'm whining...!

Please provide an option to reopen an event after it's closed for situations where a late participant wants to register or the deadline has been extended. For new customers like me, I realized my lesson the hard way and now I know I will put an end date that far surpasses by actual end date and just manually turn registration on and off. But this doesn't really address the issue because then my end date is fake and the event remains active long after necessary. So an option to reopen after it's closed would be SUPER helpful. Now I have to make a copy of the event and send a new URL to thousands of people who just received the old one because the deadline was extended and I'm new to CC and forgot to change the end date in the event.
As a CC admin, it would be extremely helpful to be able to add guests or register them after the fact. For instance someone bought a table of 10 and because I did not put in all their names they don't show up in the system and the numbers are skewed. Now I need to create a whole different spreadsheet.
All Star
Hi - several of my guests have accidentally registered more "guests" than intended because they are selecting the total number of people attending (including themselves) and not just the number of guests. I also don't see an easy way to change this on the admin end.
Occasional Visitor
Is there a way to scan all the tickets of guest who arrived after the event is complete? I collected tickets -opting to enter them after the event. Now I am not allowed to scan the ticket to get a better count.
I have people registering for our event, they are allowed to add up to 8 people for their team. Some have registered and paid without adding their team members. Is there a way to add the team members after the registration?
We've been able to do so for years in order to capture info regarding walk-ins at events. While we can still add them as contacts, we can't link them to events. In addition, we're supposedly soon going to have a means to export attendees to our SCORE database. This loss of capability will have us under-reporting our utility.
CTCT Employee

Hello @JimK10. Would you be able to tell me which browser you are doing this on? We have a bug where Google Chrome sometimes doesn't allow you to manually register after the event is closed but other browsers should.

CTCT Employee

No, I was using the latest version of Firefox when trying to register a walk-in.  However, I can confirm that Opera still allows me to register after the fact, so it looks like you now have a bug for Firefox as well as for Chrome.

Occasional Visitor
can you change registration settings to allow admin to change someone registrations details including # of guests, apply discounts and amounts due, etc
Regular Organizer

Thank your for taking time and sharing your feedback! At the moment there is not a way to change a registrant's details after they have registered.  I will link this submission under a more popular thread to bring more attention to this issue. Thank you again for sharing! 

I can't add, delete or change guests in the event system. Guests pay a lower rate. As far as i can tell, WEPay can't deal with it either. I can only enter another person by overcharging them, and then I can't refund it.
Occasional Visitor
I would love to be able to add additional guest under a registrant under the "Edit Registrant Details". Many times I have people call who would like to add someone for an event but don't know that email address of the person being added. I would we be nice to add them without using my business email as a place holder.
Frequent Visitor

This is also creating major problems for us. Due to the lack of Constant Contact correcting this issue or allowing an administrator to register someone on the back end and override this field, we will be using a different company for future events.

All Star
Hi, I need to be able to register people manually after the event, as we often have a few folks register on-site. Can this be added please?
Occasional Advisor

Why does Constant Contact insist on alienating their customers?  

Visitor
This would also help us keep the financials consolidated and clear for each group that signs up. Thanks!
Solution Provider

This is a big need for us as well. It'd be OK if I could either delete and re-add the registrant with a guest or add a duplicate of the registrant.

Established Member
I wish I could add an additional attendee un the edit registration details. Being able to do so would be tremendous!!!!!! I now have to delete and re create the registration info. So that I don't have 2 entries for the same school only because they want to add another participant :frown:
I'm managing a golf tournament and I need to be able to add player information when people register and fail to understand how to do it themselves. As of right now, if a person registers, I can't add additional players. Not helpful.
Occasional Contributor

I need to be able to add a guest to a registration after the person registered.  When will this be possible?