cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Guests After Someone has Registered

Adding Guests After Someone has Registered

Once a Registration is completed, there is NO WAY to add a 'guest' and 'pay' for the guest out of the Registrants record. This is creating 'untold' problems for our event, since the 'leaders' of this event Registered themselves before they figured out if they were bringing any guests. Most of our leaders just want to add a guest, with the guest email address, but NOT have them see the 'fee' that was paid for them. What we've been doing is creating a 'registration' record for one guest with a 'different' email address, so that the payment amount is not seen by the 'guest'. Then we have to change the name on the payment page, where the Credit Card info goes...which still has the bogus email address. A major issue is that once that email address has been used. It can't be used again. We don't have a limitless number of email addresses to play this game very well. Also, one of our leaders added a registration of her guest and then added another guest on that record...but I didn't see the 'who do you want to sit with' field that I added to the Registration page for the 'additional' guest. That field only showed up for the Guest registration that was done. This is 'very' painful...!! If you're going to look at our contacts and registrants, here are the names to look for: Anne H.; Carmela K.(this is where the additional Guest is inserted with no 'who do you want to sit with' field. we'd like it if we could add a guest 'after' an initial registration and to be able to preclude the guest from getting the 'payment' info...but to be able to get any other emails sent out from CC. Also, when I went to look for Carmela K in the Contact list...I don't see her in that list...but she is in the Registrants list. Very hard to manage this...!! I'm whining...!

28 Comments
Frequent Visitor
As a CC admin, it would be extremely helpful to be able to add guests or register them after the fact. For instance someone bought a table of 10 and because I did not put in all their names they don't show up in the system and the numbers are skewed. Now I need to create a whole different spreadsheet.
All Star
Hi - several of my guests have accidentally registered more "guests" than intended because they are selecting the total number of people attending (including themselves) and not just the number of guests. I also don't see an easy way to change this on the admin end.
Occasional Visitor
Is there a way to scan all the tickets of guest who arrived after the event is complete? I collected tickets -opting to enter them after the event. Now I am not allowed to scan the ticket to get a better count.
I have people registering for our event, they are allowed to add up to 8 people for their team. Some have registered and paid without adding their team members. Is there a way to add the team members after the registration?
We've been able to do so for years in order to capture info regarding walk-ins at events. While we can still add them as contacts, we can't link them to events. In addition, we're supposedly soon going to have a means to export attendees to our SCORE database. This loss of capability will have us under-reporting our utility.
CTCT Employee

Hello @JimK10. Would you be able to tell me which browser you are doing this on? We have a bug where Google Chrome sometimes doesn't allow you to manually register after the event is closed but other browsers should.

CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New

No, I was using the latest version of Firefox when trying to register a walk-in.  However, I can confirm that Opera still allows me to register after the fact, so it looks like you now have a bug for Firefox as well as for Chrome.

Occasional Visitor
can you change registration settings to allow admin to change someone registrations details including # of guests, apply discounts and amounts due, etc
Regular Organizer
Status changed to: New

Thank your for taking time and sharing your feedback! At the moment there is not a way to change a registrant's details after they have registered.  I will link this submission under a more popular thread to bring more attention to this issue. Thank you again for sharing!