Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Additional event payment options

Just wondering if square.com will be used as an option when my customers register. I really like it and it's much easier on our side and less expensive. Let me know if this will ever be an option. thank you

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Hello everyone, 

With the newer event tool out and the contract with WePay having ended after 2023, this means that PayPal is currently the only online payment provider available.

While our devs are looking into other alternatives for integrated payment providers, they are also open to any specific suggestions you have:

• What payment provider would you prefer to use?
  • What is the most important aspect in a payment provider to you?

83 Comments
PeterT4965
Marketing Legend

The recent changes and restrictions to Events PayPal payment option are unacceptable. The payment options should be expanded to include the ability to set links off to any PayPal (paypal.me), Venmo, Cash App, Zelle, and similar services. Also, the admin should be able to edit the registration Payment Type and Order Amount. Frankly, I find Constant Contact's money grab on payment fees to be beyond the pale especially considering the high plan pricing.

RobertC935
Rookie

Since you have changed how we use Paypal and eCheck  (at a lesser %) - we are back to having folks mail in their money before the event.  However, when it is mandatory to click a box for echeck,  paypal, pay at door - we need  one that says Other, or follow note directions. I have had several that think they can pay at the door - and we do not want  that. Thank you.

VeronicaMT
Rookie

final post-event attendance - adding folks who werent registered but walked-in.

MargaretG412
Brand Visionary

We have been using Paypal with the Constant Contact events management and we have had a few cases in the past where they did not allow credit card payments if the person did not have a Paypal account. These users did not want to create a Paypal account. With the recent Paypal fiasco of actually putting into their published user agreement the requirement that they will take out 2500 dollars directly from a user account for spreading disinformation, that they determine is disinformation by whatever means, many users now are qutting Paypal and we anticipate an uptick of users who will no longer be able to pay for our services because they do not have a Paypal account.

We are a nonprofit and chose them because of their decreased fees for nonprofits, however, Stripe has the same discount schedule and you don't need an account to pay. We anticipate that only allowing Paypal or your Wepay will not be sustainable for us in the long term so if you don't allow Stripe integration, we will have to search for a new platform. And, since we chose Constant Contact events in order to have contacts and events using the same database without having to upload/download/integrate contacts in the backend, we may have to move our marketing contacts as well. We have been with you a long time, but we were starting to look before Paypal's change because of the problems; this has now accelerated the hunt.

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

We are working on an updated event experience in a more advanced tool. While we do not have an update or timeline to share or can guarantee any kind of commitment on how we will be handling event payments, we hope this indicates some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration while we are building out this tool.

LeenaG
Rookie

Is it possible to PLEASE add EFT (electronic funds transfer) as a payment option for events? All of my customers prefer that payment method, as do I. NOBODY uses checks anymore! Offering only credit card and PayPal, both of which charge fees is unreasonable (and expensive!). Many banks offer a number of free EFT transactions per month, which is why my customers request it. Even adding an "other" option would be very helpful. At the moment the only option that works is "At door", which is confusing for online events!

MarcyH
Rookie

Our non profit doesn't use PayPal nor the other credit card option. We use square or authorize.net for payments and it would be great to see that as an option for the events function! 

Thanks!

LeenaG
Rookie

Here in Canada, most people use EFT as a payment method for most purchases. Cheques are basically obsolete, so offering is as an option is useless. If this isn't possible, at least have an "other" option that allows us to type in alternate payment instructions.

HaysDigitalGroup
Constant Contact Partner

Hello, With WePay retiring at the end of this month, we are hoping some of you might be able to provide the software you use to manage payments - other than PayPal. Thanks in advance for any feedback! 

MarcO902
Rookie
I am writing to express my frustration and disappointment with the recent changes in Constant Contact's new version. As a long-time user of your platform, I have noticed that the updated version bears a striking resemblance to Everbrite, and, unfortunately, it has proven to be extremely difficult to use. One of the major issues I have encountered pertains to activating events with fees. It is particularly disconcerting that the only available option for processing fees is through PayPal. I find this requirement restrictive and inconvenient. As a user, I believe it is essential to have the flexibility to choose different payment processors based on individual preferences and requirements. Moreover, the user interface of the new version lacks the user-friendly experience that I have come to expect from Constant Contact. The complexity of navigation and the unfamiliar layout have significantly hampered my ability to manage events and campaigns efficiently. This has not only caused frustration on my end but has also resulted in a loss of productivity. I understand that software updates enhance user experience and introduce new features. However, in this case, the changes seem to have created more challenges than improvements. As a loyal user, I would like you to consider user feedback seriously and take steps to address these issues as soon as possible. I would appreciate it if you could provide more flexibility in payment processing for event fees and consider refining the user interface to make it more intuitive and user-friendly. This would go a long way in ensuring customer satisfaction and retaining the loyalty of long-time users like myself. Thank you for your attention to this matter. I hope that you will take the necessary steps to fix these concerns as soon as possible. I look forward to a resolution that will restore the ease of use and functionality that Constant Contact has been known for.
Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More