cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive

Archive

What happened to the ability to create and update an archive list of campaigns that I could add to my website in the form of a link. See example: http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs043/1102175106138/archive/1102739080973.html Gerard Lupien
35 Comments
Visitor

The new archive homepage makes CC less valuable to my organization, and now requires us to search for a new provider- even though we had been very, very happy with CC. My sentiments echo those of ViveG on 12-05-2016: We used the archive as a way for employees to access previous newsletters, and our support desk would often direct people to previous newsletters for instructions. The new widget requirement is perplexing. One of the best features about CC is that I did not need to use/know HTML to produce a great product.

Additionally, I do not remember getting communication from CC explaining this change to my account, or the benefits of the change, or the increase in price for continued ability to archive. CC has, until now, proven itself to provide exceptional customer service and support. This change and lack of communication is as surprising as it is unpleasant.

All Star
First of all, it would have been nice to receive information about the changes you were making to the Archive feature. Couldn't you have sent me an email? I hear they are very effective. I had a perfectly good page set up on our website that I had to waste an hour of my life changing. On top of that, now I have to wait for support to resolve the problem of emails displaying from months ago, rather than the 10 most recent. Also, why 10? Before I could choose just how many displayed and would typically display 8 for the past two months. I could also add some info. about each email. Why should I have to go to a separate page and archive an email. I used to be able to do it as part of sending the email. Now, not only do I have to go to a separate page to archive it, I have to wait 15 minutes for it to be sent before I can archive it! Why have you created extra hassle for us? Also, the font on the embed is tiny! I've always appreciated "upgrades" in the past, but this one is, at best, ill conceived.
Occasional Participant
Very upset that the archive link has been eliminated. This was an essential element in the effectiveness of constant contact. The ability to link to specific emails and edit titles of those emails was incredibly useful for the potential reach of the service. Why would you delete that feature?
Advisor

On the flip side, many people are not aware that archived campaigns are (were) totally searchable and viewable by anyone via a basic web search.  Looking for your product?  Search results might include archived constant contact emails from a promotion five years ago, or a users conference from 2014 - not results that you really want people seeing.  So not having an archive that goes w-a-y back can actually help in many ways.

Any updated about this? This change has hit our account only now (March 2017), the old archive went away and we are left with this useless new version. Seriously considering looking for a new vendor. And on top of it, they raise my monthly price by $15!

All Star
Where has the choice to archive an email gone?
All Star

I am not enjoying the functionality of the new archive at all. Sometimes it doesn't show up on my website. It is unattractive and doesn't really tell our readers much with the simple titles. The old archive was far superior.

CTCT Employee

Hello @NCCAH. Great question!

Our new archive feature is now embeddable! Here are a couple of articles to help you find it and how to add and remove emails to it.

http://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/8759-add-the-email-archive-widget-to...

http://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/8788-add-or-remove-an-email-from-ema...

Visitor

I would very much like it to at least give us an option or a link or this widget. I don't need a "widget" cluttering our web pages.

Our organization has been using Constant Contact for all our campaigns to our membership for over 6 years now. We have sent hundreds and hundreds of emails using your system. Following the changes you have recently implemented that have made the Archive feature compeltely useless to us, we have now been forced to look into other mass mailing system to switch to.

What Archive has become now is compeletely useless. Moreover, it is completely impossible to use even if we wanted to.

1) It was previously possible to archive a newsletter at the sime time as sending it. Now, it is not - one has to go back and archive the newsletter after it's sent.
2) Adding archived emails to the archive page on our company website used to be instant. Now, it takes forever.
3) Previously, it was possible to add a Description under each archived newsletter's title. We used it to list the contents / summary of topics contained in each newsletters. That enabled our members to do keyword search on the archives page on our website to find the issues that contained the information they were looking for. That feature has now disappeared - WHY??? This has rendered the whole Archive feature useless! No member is going to remember that they read certain information in the February 21st, 2012 issue!
4) The maximum number of archived emails that can be displayed is now 100. Previously, it was unlimited - it was possible to insert a link at the bottom of the list of archived emails saying "Click here for earlier emails".
5) MOST IMPORTANTLY: The emails that are displayed on the archived page on our website are now displayed not in the order that they were sent (chronological), but in the order they were archived! We have been sending our newsletter out to our organization's membership every two weeks for 6 years now. The issues were not always archived in the order that they were sent - sometimes one went in and archived the last 4 issues, or sometimes some email other than the newsletter got archived. Do the math - that is 6*25 = 150 issues to UN-archive, then go through the list of THOUSANDS of emails that we have sent to our members using Constant Contact (we don't only send newsletters, we send many different kinds of notices to different groups and sub-groups within our associaiton), FIND those 150 newsletters and archive them in the EXACT order that they were sent out! And, if one mistake is made - there is no way to move issues displayed on the archives page arond, the only solution would be to, again, UN-archive 149 or so emails, then again go through the list of thousands of emails and archive all the newsletters in exact chronologic order.
Does your organization have staff who could dedicate weeks of their time to doing this? Ours doesn't.
6) Before, it was possible to edit the title of the email to be displayed on the Archive page. I always inserted there the date that it was sent out. Now, that is not even possible - the newsletter issues are displayed on the archives page without any dates.

Our bi-weekly newsletter is a very important tool of communicating and providing information to our members, and our Newsletter Archive page was widely used by our membership to retrieve information. It is no longer.

I am asking - WHY? Why make all these ridiculous changes and deteriorations to something that was working perfectly? Why drive away loyal long-time customers?
Very disappointing, Constant Contact!