cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive

Archive

What happened to the ability to create and update an archive list of campaigns that I could add to my website in the form of a link. See example: http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs043/1102175106138/archive/1102739080973.html Gerard Lupien
35 Comments
Occasional Visitor
You ask for feedback so here it is...I DO NOT like your new archive layout. The previous one was MUCH better.
All Star
Dear Colleagues - after using CC and the email archiving feature happily for years the changes you have made to this feature have me looking for another company to replace CC. It's *that* bad. In the past I could archive all my emails, including a description of each, on a page that looked pretty good. Now I can only log 50 of them, with no description, on a Web page that looks awful, unless I learn CSS. In addition of course to html. It escapes me how this is an improvement. Bad show all around. My suggestion: improve this quick or you'll be losing customers in droves!
bring it back
Established Member
I'm not a fan of the new interface, but I guess I'll have to get used to it. But a very useful tool that we've used for years is now eliminated. When we scheduled an email, we used to copy the Archive url and insert it into the message for Facebook, Twitter & Google+ sharing of the blast. Without that url before the send, we now have to remove the sharing function from our campaigns.
Established Member

We used the archive link to create social media share buttons in our email templates. We create important announcements for our clients and our subscribers enjoyed the ability to share that information with a single click. Without that feature we are forced to strip the buttons from our template and supply a less useful product.

Regular Organizer
Status changed to: Voting Open

All Star
Since the new design of the CC website I have difficulty navigating. Cannot find the archive page for sent email and publish to our website. Where did it go??
All Star
Hate the way you now archive our newsletters. We could add one at a time with the index visible for a quick search of articles. Now they only archive in groups of 5, 10 etc which means you either duplicate or eliminate past newsletters. This is a nightmare for our organization and although I have spoken with a C.C. agent, there has been no other alternative offered. Change is not always better.
I am very unhappy that we've lost the option of maintaining a customized archive for our eNewsletters. http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs028/1102260675081/archive/1102712707967.html The widget option is not an effective solution, and pushing the workload to us, your customer, to generate a webpage with each newsletter URL is not a user-friendly option. While I get that most eBlasts are quick, immediate and timely, not the best fodder for an archive. Our Early Lit Bits, enewsletter is used by librarians and early childhood educators around the country as a content-rich resource for activities, book, music and app reviews. I would like a response indicating whether the customizable archive is under consideration for re-evaluation by Constact Contact engineers. Thank you, Heidi Nagel, Kent District Library, Manager of Communications & Programming

This isn't a new idea-- instead a recent change to CC has made things difficult for my organization.

We used the old archive homepage on our website, as an elegant way for people to look read through all of our old monthly newsletters. Now, not only is there no feature to enter text, there is also not even the option of editing a campaign name. This means that if I used a functional name for internal purposes in the past (such as December newsletter, 2nd draft) that would be the name that appears on my archive. Because this is not website ready, it effectively means that if I want to continue updating my archive homepage, I'll need to re-create the whole thing in a new page on my website--creating the text, formatting it, and pasting the links to each individual newsletter, which goes back to 2010.

I will say that this archive homepage feature was one of the main things keeping us at Constant Contact. This service is a fairly substantial expense for our budget, and weighing the options, the archive homepage was something we didn't want to lose.

I recognize the need to continuously update the service for customer's needs. I imagine other people also put this option to use and will have to work hard to figure out a new solution.

Thanks!