cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Happy Turkey Day! In recognition of Thanksgiving our Support office will be closed Thursday (11/23). We will be open Friday (11/24) for limited hours (10:00am - 6pm ET) and will be back to normal hours on Monday (11/27).

Archive

Archive

What happened to the ability to create and update an archive list of campaigns that I could add to my website in the form of a link. See example: http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs043/1102175106138/archive/1102739080973.html Gerard Lupien
  • Find more ideas tagged with:
34 Comments
Regular Organizer
Status changed to: Voting Open

Visitor
The old method of posting emails and managing the archive page was more user friendly. Hoping someone improves this.
Regular Visitor
Used archiving feature with a public website to display newsletters. However, others in office use it to send out private letters (i.e. school, etc..). This new embed feature will automatically list all archive (last 10) and display on my website. That is terrible and now I have to worry that private info may accidentally post if I am not constantly monitoring. My only other option is to recreate on my website a webpage and manually put in a short URL link??? This is extra work for me with really no benefit. Please explain why archive was removed without any communication to end users. This was a paid for feature and the new option has a big chance of displaying private communications. Very disappointed.
Regular Visitor

Add the Embeddable Archive Widget to a Website

Article: 000008759
Copy the code for the Embeddable Archive widget and add it to the source code of a website

Important: This FAQ requires you to use HTML code.

If you're an Email+ customer, once you've selected the emails you want to include in your Embeddable Archive, the next steps are to get the code and add the widget to your website so they can be seen. You only need to do this once.

RECOMMEND:  Since this new widget appears to use any recently archived emails - I recommend that an option be added to differentiate between website postable (public) and website not postable (private) archives.

Regular Visitor

Since this new widget appears to use any recently archived emails - I recommend that an option be added to differentiate between website postable (public) and website not postable (private) archives.  This will address issue and allow end-users to selectively group communications and decide what should be included on public websites.

Frequent Visitor
This is a formal complaint concerning the new archive feature. Who decided to change the feature so that the link codes that have been used before are no longer accessible? This will require days of work from an outside webmaster to reinstate news articles on our website AND makes it impossible for people to access any past items posted on other community partners' websites. We just prepaid for a year with Constant Contact, but unless this is remedied, we may cancel our subscription.
Regular Visitor
I used to be able to use the archive feature and edit the names of the e-mails to our subject line but now I am being told that will no longer be an option.... If that's the case I can't imagine using the feature.
Regular Organizer
Status changed to: Voting Open

Regular Organizer

Great feedback, thank you for sharing. 

Regular Visitor

I'm both happy and upset about the changes. 

1. I no longer have to manually update my rss feed for it to be archived, that is good. 

2. I don't have the option to change the title of my archived feed, that is bad and my client will not be happy with that.

3. I used to be able to have my RSS feed go automatically to facebook, twitter and other social media, that is no longer an option, as it is a javascript and not RSS, BAD.

4. I don't have the option to pick and choose which emails get onto the archive feed, in the past I've needed to archive emails that don't go on my feed, they are just for internal use. Now my internal use emailers that are just for the company will be shown to the world, that is BAD.

I like the new automatic post option, but more work needs to be done, there should be an option to change the title of the archived emailers, pick and choose which archived emailers go on my feed, and have an RSS feed that can post to social media.

Loading script asynchronously