Event - Guests to have the same functionality as registrants

PLEASE allow an option when sending an event email to registrants to include "guests". For our nonprofit, a "guest" is simply someone whose registration fee is being paid by someone else, often their employer. We don't use the email option in events because all these people would not receive our reminders. So we are downloading the csv file, moving the guests' emails over into the left-hand columns with everyone else, creating a new email list in Constant Contact, and composing the email and sending it from there. Seems like the long way around. Isn't there a way to send a message from Event Spot to everyone who plans to attend the event? Thanks!

8 Comments
Anna_N
Employee

Hi JudyL3963,

That's a great idea! Currently the "email registrants" feature only sends an email to the main registrants and not guests as not all guests are required to provide an email address. But you're right to suggest this for those guests that you request emails from so they're also updated in case there are any event changes. We will look into this for you. Thanks for your feedback and please continue to vote for this and any other features you want to have.

Have a great day!

Anna N

Social Support and Community 

TinaT468
Campaign Expert

I would like to be able to send ATTENDEES Event Confirmations and Emails, not just the Main Contact that is registering.  Many times the person (PERSONAL, we change to "Registration Contact") Registering the Attendees is NOT attending.  We would like to see an option for Attendee Email Address. Then, when sending Confirmations and/or Reminder Emails, you can make sure both the Registrant and the Attendee is receiving the email.

HRiska at Productivity Inc

Hannah_M
Status changed to: Voting Open

Diocese_of_Iowa
Marketing Legend

When I send an e-mail to registrants it does not include the e-mails of others who are registered on the same form - so if a husband is registered in their wife's form with a different e-mail address, it won't send to them. Seems like the software should do that, since it recognizes them as attending....I'd like it to send to ALL the registrants without the extra step of me making a new contacts list that includes those people.

RobertR5251
Rookie
I just sent out a cancelation notice to seven (7) people who had registered for a course that starts this Monday, yet only three (3) people received it and I received an angry phone call from one of the registrants that did not receive notification that the class had been canceled. I totally understand where he was coming from because I have received these phone calls before. Every single person who registers for a course should receive a copy of that email. Here is an actual example: Registrant #1 is on vacation out of state at his in-laws and does not check his work emails because he is not obligated to do so and needed a break from the stress of COVID and work. Three additional officers, not receiving an email that the class they have registered for are not aware the class has been canceled and make the 125 mile trek from Maine to attend a class in Connecticut. So, they get to the training and now have to turn around and travel 125 miles back home as well as pay for a hotel that was reserved and the department has to pay overtime for the officers to be replaced. Now their Chief is angry with me because I didn't notify his officers. This has to change. I just spoke with one of your support staff and she said I was correct and that I would have to individually send out emails! Because of COVID, I had to cancel a training that had 38 people registered for the class! So if I used your product to to send out an email to the registrants, one (1) would receive the notice and 37 would not. This should be a no brainer for a company like yours.
SPCOTTAWA
Rookie
I want to create an event where the primary registrant can register other people. It seems that the system is not setup to send a confirmation and a ticket to each individual registrant. This would be fine if the primary registrant could email each ticket as an attachment. But it seems that 4 tickets are arranged per page on the downloadable ticket, so it's not feasible to send each individually. Even if all ticketholders are in the same household, you may still want to distribute the tickets to each individual person. As a person who regularly works in live entertainment to current setup is not practical. Any advice or is there something I am missing about formatting the ticket? Thank you!
BarbaraA0484
Rookie

Please add the feature to email all people on an event list to notify guests of info regarding the event.

William_A
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More