cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize Event

Customize Event

It would be very helpful to be able to change the format of the registration page... ie move sections around. For example, the section where people choose the items they would like to purchase (which is under settings not registration) falls at the very bottom of the registration page. I would like to add a few comments below this section such as Questions or Cancellations contact info. Unfortunately, that is not an option so I use fields ABOVE the fee section to include information which should fall at the end. Please allow us to move the sections in the final format or at least choose the order they fall in like you do in the form fields section.

55 Comments
Occasional Visitor
It would be very helpful to have more control over these 2 aspects of the event registration process. Often there are things that we want to share about the event that we don't want to include in the body of the invitation, but would be nice to have all the details in one place and the confirmation is the perfect place to do that.
Status changed to: New

Improvements:

1. Greater flexibility in editing tickets (include additional information on the ticket using custom field(s))

2. Ability to add an attachment to the confirmation email sent to confirm registration (i.e.. Orientation package for volunteers/papers for conference participants)

CTCT Employee
Thank you for posting. These are great EventSpot ideas. Please vote on this and any other topics you would like to see implemented.
Occasional Visitor
Registration page should allow a drop down box allowing registrations to select the number of attendees in each label or fee type. The way it is set up - that they must choose 1 registration type, then scroll down to Additional Tickets to add tickets - is confusing for them and not intuitive.
CTCT Employee

Hi Victoria,

Thank you so much for this feedback. We currently have this set up as "Add Guests" and "Add Items" option so you can further customize those options depending on your event needs. But I understand how you want to make it simpler and more streamlined. We will look into this for you. We make changes based on what our customers need to help you manage your events more efficiently. 

Please keep voting for this feature and other features you would like added.  Thanks again!

Anna Navarro

Social Support and Community

CTCT Employee

All Star

Totally agree!  Especially the Event Confirmation that the event planner gets.  I want to see if the registratant paid and by what means they paid as we have to report to our Acctg dept all third party payments via credit card, so they can apply them to appropriate event's income. At least if I saw a credit card payment as the payment type on the planner's event confirmation - I would know when to report credit card payments.

Since Event Spot hasn't created simple reporting to pull all payments of all open events - it's a very manual process to click into each fo several events, download a report, sort it by by payment type, and then get it to Finance in a usable format.  It would great if they could log in for the report for all events in all our entire organization/all departments and be more self sufficient.

Solution Provider
I would like to have the option to add a "Shipping and Handling" or "Processing and Handling" item to each product that might be sold as part of an event. I would also like to be able to have a similar setting that could be assessed against all products/items associated with the event. Customers expect to pay something for product fulfillment or literature fulfillment.
Solution Provider
I would like the ability to add a "Processing and Handling" charge to each item that is offered for sale or giveaway associated with the event. Even if the item being offered is free I would like to be able to charge for Processing and Handling per item. I would also like the ability to add a Processing and Handling charge to all items associated with the event and not just individual items. I can discuss in great detail if desired.

Great idea, 

Frequent Visitor
I want to be able to determine the "From" and "Subject" fields for the confirmation emails. I see where to enter them for the invitation emails but not for the registration confirmation emails.

Thanks for sharing this feedback!

All Star

Totally agree.  Because we have multiple events of the same type and ask that folks just register if they want info on any event in the series, closing the event the moment the event is over means I have to keep recreate a new landing page for each new event.  Not a big deal but this means a new url  and thus having to redirect folks from the old landing page to a new landing page.  AND having to keep making a new contact list which combines those who registered early in the series with those who registered later.  Very dissappointing since the PROBLEM WOULD BE SOLVED BY ALLOWING ONE TO CHOOSE WHEN THE EVENT WOULD BE CLOSED.  Perhaps this solution presents a complex set of programming changes in constant contact system but hope that some consideration would be given to allowing users to do this. 

THANKS,

Occasional Visitor

When someone registers for an event, we receive a confirmation email. That email should have the date of the event of it and currently t he date is not included. It would be helpful to have the date, time and location as well - to assist our staff in coordinating of different duties to prepare for an event.

Hi @AlmaF

The date should be included at the top of the confirmation email. Is it possible that you've hidden this information within your Event Basics? You will want to make sure you have this information set to display to your registrants. 

2015-06-30_8-58-03.jpg 

All Star
The email confirmation that the event planner receives does not indicate if the registration status is paid or pending. This would be helpful for record keeping, so you don't have to drill down into the dashboard to find out. I like to print out the email for my file, and it would be better if that status was on that sheet.

Thanks for posting this feedback! At this time you would need to login to the account to see this data but this is great feedback for the future!

Status changed to: Vote for this idea if you agree

Thanks for posting this feedback!

It would be nice to be able to choose from a variety of templates for registration sites and emails tied to events. From what I can tell there's only one format. I do not care for the lefthand sidebar and don't see a way to remove it. Would be nice to have that option and/or a handful of different sites to choose from. Thanks.
Occasional Contributor
I'm trying to add my own photo to the background on an event theme for an invitation. I know that I can add a small logo-sized photo in the left corner, but I want to add my own photo to the background theme. The themes that you offer are too cookie-cutter and they don't fit my event. Why can't users upload their own theme photos?
Status changed to: New idea

HI @ToryP

Thanks for posting. Just to clarify, are you looking to add a background image to the landing page, registration form or invite? You could use a background on the invitation but you would need to use a custom theme instead on the registration form and landing page.

Occasional Contributor

I'm trying add my own photo to the background of an event invitation because the selection of themes that are you offer is insufficient. 

Occasional Contributor

Your selection of designs that can be used to send emails, such as newsletters and promotions, is diverse and really nice.  But in order for me to register attendees for an event and charge admission via PayPal, I have to use your event registrations/invitations.  Your selection for event registrations/invitations is very slim.  Some of them look kind of juvenile.  Can this be addressed — quickly?  I have a fundraising event coming up, and I'd like to be able to send the invitations via ConstantContact.

Occasional Contributor

It would be great if the registration forms were a little more intuitive. If there was a way the required form information stayed hidden under the section headers until registrants clicked on each section, I think it would clean up the look of the forms quite nicely. I use the registration feature frequently and it looks very cumbersome to the outside user with so many open fields waiting to be filled out. If all section headers had the ability, similar to the current "Add" button in the Guest section, that would be great.

Status changed to: Voting Open

All Star

I wanted to customize the event registration page by using an image from my library to be the background for the registration page but could only change color of set templates.

Chris

We would like to have the ability to better control confirmation email messages for events - adding logos, controlling formatting, and controlling which information appears on them. Often we request information for an event, but that information does not need to be shown to them in their confirmation email. It would be nice to be able to turn those fields off so they don't show on the resulting messages.

Visitor
It would be very helpful to be able to preview the confirmation page and confirmation email during the set-up of the event campaign.
Please include the setting that allow you to customize the font style and color for the confirmation emails. Mine is an ugly, bold green that matches nothing else and I have no idea how to change it.
Please consider allowing us to customize the message a contact receives when trying to register for an event that is closed.
Visitor
If an event is full, I would like the option of adding to a wait list, or collecting their information so we can contact them with another date that may be available. It looks as though if it is full, they will simply receive an email that says the class is full, which loses that person entirely.
Occasional Visitor
Why do I HAVE to have them complete the email selection AND verify it. I ALREADY HAVE THEIR EMAIL. These are my top top customers and it is annoying to require them to provide and email and verify it
Occasional Visitor
I would love to be able to add links to text boxes. Also, the ability to add bold / italics / or even bullet lists in text boxes would make the readability of my form much better. Even a website link in the general event area would be helpful. Thank you
Established Member
While we can change blocks on landing page, why we don't have that option on registration form? or is there any way to add custom CSS

It would be nice to add a time to the auto close event -- not just the date.

The information at the bottom of the registration page was also too small and not spaced well. I couldn't read it. I am in my mid-sixties. I can still read 11 pt type okay, 10 a little, and prefer 12 pt type and above. We live in an older than average community so I'd like event registration pages to be completely legible.
All Star
Additional fields are needed in Guest Information in Registration.
All Star
to be able to have Mr. and Mrs. from the drop down menu
All Star
Hi team, I'd love to be able to reorganize all the content on the registration form. Presently, we are restricted as to what is movable. I'd like to be able to keep the fee information all together and right now (because it pulls information in from other areas) I'm not able to move the "add a display table" in underneath the "fee" section. Thanks Deb.
CTCT Employee

Hello @JenniferC9428,

Thank you for your feedback about Constant Contact events. We appreciate your feedback and we will be sure to submit this to the appropriate departments. I have also moved this to our feedback section to allow others to comment and vote on your idea.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.