Reopen a closed event

Please can you look at providing the option to re-open an event, which has closed.

50 Comments
Beatriz_R
Employee
Status changed to: New

Hello @StacieB23241,

I completely understand the frustration and do apologize. At this time we do not have a way to reopen a closed Event. We are tracking this feedback and will keep it in mind when deciding our planning with our Event system. Thank you for bringing this up.

WVACDA
Rookie

It would nice top be able to re-open an event to extend registration deadlines.

WRIPAC
Marketing Legend

this needs to happen. I asked customer support and they suggested exporting to excel and typing that the person attended into the workbook and saving it... totally not a useful response

NicoleK8
Rookie

I agree. I wanted to go in and review/update the discount codes to an event that just passed but there is no way to do so and I need to make sure they are totally updated for next year.

Please make this possible. I'm struggling because I cannot reopen an event today.  

SF-HDIS
Campaign Contributor

yes, in a spreadsheet input format. I have registered people by going to the registration form. But that is labor intensive and not good for more than a handful of people. 

KACC-NH
Constant Contact Partner

It would be helpful if I could rename an event after it's closed. I can rename other campaigns, just not closed events.

I also agree that re-opening a closed event would be very helpful.

DianaC523
Rookie

Yes, this would be a useful feature. Going through Excel is a fair amount of work for such a simple function.

SaraG603
Rookie

YES! Please look into the option of re-opening an event after it is closed. This would be very helpful, especially when tracking attendees who want to change their registration information after an event has been closed. 

AllisonB673
Rookie

Agreed. We had a few attendees at our event who had not managed to register officially.  I would like the followup email to go to them, and to count them in our numbers (which we must do for reporting).  Because CC doesn't have an option to go add them retroactively, our whole process becomes more complicated.  (Forwarding them the followup email from my own address?  Never able to run a report that reflects them from CC).

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More