cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting Transactions to quickbooks

0 Votes

Exporting Transactions to quickbooks

We sell tickets to events and generate a large number of small transactions.  The ability to export transactions to quickbooks has terrific potential and I've done it twice now.  Unfortunately, it takes about half as much time to adjust the .iif file to match our bookkeeping protocols as it would be to hand enter the transactions.   Some fiddling may always be necessary, but here are some ideas that might make things easier:

1.  Put all amounts in the same column.

2.  Put all classes in the same column.

3.  Let the user enter the class for a series of transactions (as they already enter the account numbers).

4.  Allow the option of last name, first name formatting of customer names rather than just the raw name.

Let me also offer some more advanced ideas:

> Allow the campaign event creators to configure account numbers and classes by event. 

> Allow configuration at time of export to add other customer entered information - addresses, emails and such to the transactions.

Thanks!

Richard Schwinn, Treasurer

Lake Geneva Symphony Orchestra

1 Comment
CTCT Employee
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hello @LGSO,

Thank you so much for this detailed feedback. I want to make sure I'm categorizing this correctly and want to confirm with you where you are using this integration in our product. I'm familiar with the tool to import contacts from Quickbooks, however am not completely familiar with exporting from Constant Contact into Quickbooks. Would you be able to walk me through what you do to get to this option so I can accurately track the feedback?

Thank you!