Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Additional event payment options

Just wondering if square.com will be used as an option when my customers register. I really like it and it's much easier on our side and less expensive. Let me know if this will ever be an option. thank you

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Hello everyone, 

With the newer event tool out and the contract with WePay having ended after 2023, this means that PayPal is currently the only online payment provider available.

While our devs are looking into other alternatives for integrated payment providers, they are also open to any specific suggestions you have:

• What payment provider would you prefer to use?
  • What is the most important aspect in a payment provider to you?

83 Comments
LuqmaanA
Rookie
Eventspot is great but there should be an option to disable payment and handle it separately via custom fields. Additionally, the possibility of extracting the total cost via API to handle payments on company payment gateways would be a much useful feature.
Hannah_M
Status changed to: New
Thanks for sharing this idea!
StudentServices
Campaign Expert
I noticed you only have two venues for accepting credit card payment online, and I would like to suggest that you add more. We use Payflowpro, and because we aren't able to use it, it is making it difficult for us to accept payment the way we would prefer. Thanks!
Eric_G
Marketing Legend
Hello, Thank you for your feedback! This is helpful information to know and thank you for providing the name of another potential payment gateway we may be able to connect to in the future. Please vote on this and any other ideas you agree with.
CMA
Campaign Contributor

As a UK user we use WorldPay for our credit card online payments. Would you also consider connecting to this gateway?

Thanks

pyc_manager
Campaign Contributor
Most of our events are for Club members only. The event fee is charged to their Club account. The list of payment options doesn't include anything like that; we choose "Pay at the Door" as the least confusing, though not accurate. Please add "Other" to the list, with an ability to explain what "other" means.
Hannah_M

Thanks for sharing this feedback. Have you considered using a Access Code to allow the people using their club account to not be charged through EventSpot but instead allow them to complete registration for "free" so you can charge them later? Here's and FAQ on access codes: https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/5595-differences-between-discount-a...

JSWareGroup
Rookie
An additional payment method of "Bill Me" or an "Other" option where we can specify our own method when creating the event would be very helpful! None of the existing options really work for us.
BelindaR3
Campaign Contributor
Association need online dues payment
Hannah_M

Hi Deborah,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. This isn't an option right now but is an interesting thought to consider. Would you like to have your registrants complete payment as they come into your event or are you in a situation where you see the people who would be registering in person ahead of time?

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More