cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to be able to reopen an event or extend the date period after it has closed.

I would like to be able to reopen an event or extend the date period after it has closed.

Please can you look at providing the option to re-open an event, which has closed.
10 Comments
Status changed to: New

Thanks for sharing this feedback!

Status changed to: Voting Open

Visitor

This would really help. Especially for reporting. Once the event is closed you cannot go back and run any of the reports.

Did this ever happen because I could really use it right now?

All Star

Agree with this suggestion as well. We had to postpone an event - but the event date passed before i was able to update it and thus the event closed permanently.  I don't want to make everyone who already registered have to re-register. Would LOVE if there were someway to get this event re-opened. 

All Star
Hello, We had two events we had to reschedule due to Hurricane Irma. Because the original events in Constant Contact had dates that were old by the time we had power and internet, we couldn't edit those events and had to create new events. Our attendees are still able to attend, but there is no way we can transfer those attendees over to the new dates. Also, for those attendees who had already paid, when we manually re-register them, they will get a confirmation email that automatically fills in their non-payment status, even though they have paid. I have no way to change that, and have to manually send them another email that assures them we do still have them marked as paid. I would greatly appreciate more customization and automation in the events that would address these issues. Thank you!
Occasional Organizer

Example: We were using EventSpot to collect RSVPs from our staff members for our annual holiday party in December. The day of the party, we had snow so abruptly had to reschedule for another date. On searching the knowledge base, there was no way to reopen the event and change the date and other details so as to keep the registrants - I had to copy the old event, change the date/time etc, send a new email and ask people to RSVP all over again. We don't have the resources to manually enter everyone plus their guests. It has created confusion among those who registered for the original party, even though we specified they had to RSVP again. Can it be possible to reopen an event after the scheduled event date, in the event of a postponement or rescheduling so that we don't lose the attendees?

CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New

Hello @StacieB23241,

I completely understand the frustration and do apologize. At this time we do not have a way to reopen a closed Event. We are tracking this feedback and will keep it in mind when deciding our planning with our Event system. Thank you for bringing this up.

It would nice top be able to re-open an event to extend registration deadlines.