Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Exporting results for Survey Pages not showing in correct order

Is there any way to see the survey results in an excel format with percentages and analysis?

Top Answer
Caitlin_M
Administrator

To make sure we are tracking this feedback correctly, I'm going to call out some specific requests brought up in this thread:

• A PDF version of survey results can be exported which includes bar graphs and tables (see image). Any other visual formatting, such as a pie chart, must be done in an external program
  • CSV - Export summary results to download and save a spreadsheet of the overall results for your survey. Each question/relevant answer is broken out by row and the column shows the number of answers/percentage
  • CSV - Export all results to download and save a spreadsheet of all the individual survey responses you received. This is displayed as individual by row, and how they answered questions in a column. For longer surveys, you can wrap the text instead of doing horizontal scrolling to see all answers

You can see examples of these reports in our Knowledge Base article.

There is a separate thread with the request to delete individual survey responses. Please vote or comment there instead of here.

We will edit this thread to reflect the issue of exported survey results not displaying in the correct order. If you require assistance with our Survey Pages tool, these question must be posted on our Get Help board to make sure your questions are answered in a timely manner.

17 Comments
APDA_NW
Rookie

I 100% agree! The way the export is now formatted is completely useless. If you refer to the "legacy survey" exports and revert back to that method of exporting the raw data, then it will work. I am shocked at how poor the export options are and am very hopeful it can be fixed soon.

WHMartin
Rookie
Just closed a survey we completed in the new survey format. Setting up and running the survey was okay (similar to before), but the reporting afterwards really sucks compared to previously! It downloads as two separate reports to get everything, which isn't helpful. I'm not sure I see any improvement in the survey function.
JohnM03
Campaign Collaborator
New survey reporting ability is still unacceptable. Ability of Legacy to export in multiple Excel versions (summary and detailed) produced beautiful 2-tab spreadsheets in the 'with details' version. That's what is needed here, OR RE-ACTIVATE the LEGACY version.
StephenT110
Rookie

Dear Constant Contact,

Why are you making all our lives so much more difficult with your new survey platform? After recreating the wheel of our year-end survey because it could not be copied over, I now have to manually reorder each column from the completely jumbled "export all results" to match the order of the survey questions. As pleasant as your customer support team is, they confirmed there is no fix for this export disaster at this time.

Your tool is broken, ineffectual and costing us valuable time where it should be creating efficiencies and  moving our organization forward. PLEASE direct your programmers' efforts to correct this nonsensical flaw ASAP so other users don't experience this unwelcomed surprise as I did today. 

Frankie_P

Hi @StephenT110 thank you for sharing this feedback with us! We apologize for any inconvenience caused from the updates made in our system. We are however always open to ways we can better our user's experience and actively tracking feedback on our survey campaigns. In fact we have merged your post into a larger thread focused on bettering the exported results from a survey campaign. 

VelaPointI
Rookie
The new survey results is not good. I have to keep scrolling to see each result and cannot easily copy and paste for displaying results. The simple way you had the old display of the full results in a graph style worked really well. bring that back, the one that showed overall results in a group.
Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

To make sure we are tracking this feedback correctly, I'm going to call out some specific requests brought up in this thread:

• A PDF version of survey results can be exported which includes bar graphs and tables (see image). Any other visual formatting, such as a pie chart, must be done in an external program
  • CSV - Export summary results to download and save a spreadsheet of the overall results for your survey. Each question/relevant answer is broken out by row and the column shows the number of answers/percentage
  • CSV - Export all results to download and save a spreadsheet of all the individual survey responses you received. This is displayed as individual by row, and how they answered questions in a column. For longer surveys, you can wrap the text instead of doing horizontal scrolling to see all answers

You can see examples of these reports in our Knowledge Base article.

There is a separate thread with the request to delete individual survey responses. Please vote or comment there instead of here.

We will edit this thread to reflect the issue of exported survey results not displaying in the correct order. If you require assistance with our Survey Pages tool, these question must be posted on our Get Help board to make sure your questions are answered in a timely manner.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More