Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Ability to to end a poll

Two suggestions/observations from using your polling function:

1. Allow creator to enter an end date so people are not allowed to "vote" after a certain time period.

2. The CSV export has a bug OR needs information added to it. If a reader makes a selection on the poll then returns a day or more later and makes a selection again on the same poll, the app view shows the last date they "voted" but the exported CSV only shows the first date they "voted." I think both of those pieces of information should be in the report.

9 Comments
ShelterV
Rookie

I love the new poll feature that was added. I work for a non-profit shelter and use Constant Contact to keep in touch with my volunteers. 

Previously, I would use the e-mail to list available volunteer shifts and my volunteers would have to e-mail me back what they wanted to do. 

With the new poll feature they can now just click on the shifts that they want and it's a lot easier for them. The only drawback is that multiple volunteers can click to respond to a shift for one, and then I have to e-mail and let the later responders know the shift has been filled.

Do you think it would be possible to make a limiter on how many times someone can click on a poll response? For example if I create the poll "2 Dog kennel cleaners needed Tuesday, the 4th" and then the first 2 people to click it would get the response "Congratulations, your response is recorded" and the next 3 to click after that got the response "Thank you for responding, but this response is now closed." 

It could be useful in a number of ways. With a limiter like that you could run sweep stakes and other things for businesses too and maybe that would help with customer engagement. For example a business could run the poll "First 5 to reply to this survery question win 1 free coffee" and then the first 5 that clicked would get the instant message that they won. The others would know immediately that they did not, kind of like those soda pop games where you have to check the top to see if you are a winner. Customers could eagerly look for the next e-mail they receive to try to be the first to click for a prize or something. And non-profits would be able to use it to schedule volunteers. 

What do you all think? Wouldi t be possible to get a limiter for poll responses like that?

ShelterV
Rookie

Would it be possible to change the responses people get when they click on a poll response, and potentially change the response after a certain number of clicks?

I love the new poll feature and have been using it to schedule my volunteers for work shifts. The only drawback is that they all get the same response when they click, so if I listed a work shift for just two people, if more than two click, they don’t know if they got it or not until I e-mail them. It would be great if we could customize the confirmation message they got and also pick how many clicks before the message changes.

This could be useful for businesses too. For example if they wanted to run a contest or a sweepstakes. It might make customers more eager to get their e-mails because it would be like one of those drink top contests where you open the drink and find out if you won by looking at the message in the lid.

Brandon_S
Marketing Legend
Status changed to: Voting Open

Brandon_S
Marketing Legend

That is a great idea, thank you for posting! I spoke with the Product Owner, and they been also heard similar feedback to add features and settings for a type of "RSVP" funcitionality. They would like to see this added to the product but not sure when it would be available. 

Jennifer.NPAP
Rookie

When I used the new polling feature, that I welcome, the "Thank you for your response" takes the responder to their browser, away from the CC email's poll. This confuses my test audiance.

When offering a series of Poll questions, this means going back and forth each time an answer is selected. 

Can the creator of the Poll determine when to have "Thank you for your response"?

Thank you for letting me know if this option already exists or if it is being considered?

CrosswalkF9
Campaign Contributor

Yes. Polls need an end date... there are always some voters who will vote even after being told that the poll is closed. Having an end date helps to address this issue.

BruceC248
Rookie

I have the same question as the last poster but she hasn't been answered since 2017 so I guess that's a big NO!

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

While we do not have plans to make changes to the poll Action Block at this time, we're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect its current status with our engineering team and also made slight changes to the subject line in order for it to be more easily found. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release.

RogerC349
Rookie

Is there a way to turn off your polls once you have reached the desired number of responses?

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More