cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit Registration to Invitee List

Limit Registration to Invitee List

It would be really helpful for event planning if registration could be limited to contacts that received an invitation. I have run into instances where we have a limited number of tickets available for an event, and a contact has forwarded the invitation to coworkers. The coworkers RSVPd and registered, taking up the tickets we had intended for other contacts. Considering you have to select a list for sending out the invitation in EventSpot, having an option to restrict RSVPs to contacts on that list would be helpful and prevent events from reaching capacity before all invitees are able to RSVP.

We can't prevent contacts from forwarding the invite, but preventing uninvited guests from registering would be helpfu;/

6 Comments
Occasional Visitor

I have run into the issue with events where we have a limited number of tickets available where one of the invited contacts forwards the invitation to a coworker. This results in people registering for an event that we did not invite them to. Considering you have to select an email list to send an event invitation, limiting RSVPs to the email addresses in that list would be beneficial for when you have limited seating available. We can't prevent contacts from forwarding an email, but it would be nice to prevent uninvited contacts from registering for events.

CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New
Thank you for this feedback. Our developers will look into this. Please keep voting for this and any other features you want to see.
CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New
Thank you for your feedback! I have moved this suggestion together with other requests for event registration options. Please keep voting for this and any other features you want to see.
Status changed to: Voting Open

All Star

I cannot believe that this is not feature of Constant Contact! And that it was first requested in 2014 and still has not been implemented!  To me, this seems like very basic and necessary feature for any event planning!

One more reason I am looking for an alternative to Constant Contact!

All Star

I was searching for how to do this for one of my upcoming events and that's how I landed on this page. I need to be able to prioritize my guest list for certain events and it would be nice to have a feature for that. What this user suggested 5 years ago would be extremely helpful.