Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Copying Campaign Emails Into Event

Make copy/paste possible for campaigns.

Why do I always need to recreate the wheel when I don't want to copy a whole event?

It's too hard to add images now.  I try to put a word above an image.  CAN'T.  I try to make an image change size.  CAN'T.

13 Comments
gshassociation
Campaign Collaborator

oh!  Also- would be useful to send a poll/survey as part of an event, instead of having to make a new campaign.

Also- to be able to copy emails from previous campaigns into new campaigns, instead of having to copy the whole campaign.  I only need the email!

re: images.  I am using the link button to add text/images by deleting the link and adding in text and adding in an image.  I learned this from an expert in a chat.  It works, but it shouldn't be this way.  Why not have a design feature for images of various sizes and text to go along with it?  I currently have an itty bitty image in a big block. (!)

I'm not sure why this user name is popping up - hasn't been Paul in 5 yrs!

Thank you.

gshassociation
Campaign Collaborator

ALSO - the images should save the associated websites.  Every time I use a logo image, I would like it to remember the website I previously put in.  THAT WOULD BE GOOD.

gshassociation
Campaign Collaborator

Also - every time I want to add an image, it gets a bug and I have to save/exit and then close and then log back in to add an image.  !!!!

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @gshassociation  thank you for sharing this feedback with us! For copying your event campaign, what exactly are you looking to copy over? Are you looking to re-open previously closed campaigns? Copy aspects from an event registration/landing page into a new event? Copy email invitations from one event to another? As for adding a survey/poll where in your event are you looking for this poll to appear? How would you expect to add this into your campaign? Also, for adding images where in an event campaign are you trying to add images or words above them? What steps are you taking to do edit these images?

gshassociation
Campaign Collaborator

Hello - I'm not sure how to change from Paul on here, my name is Mariel.  Yes, I would like to use invitations from prior campaigns by copying the invitations - the language/image/font/etc.  For a survey/poll - an example is asking for feedback after a conference.  Instead of creating a new campaign for it and then using a link to put it in an email to conference attendees,  a survey/poll could be an email option included in an event.  I am doing images by having to click on the format with links, then I have to delete the links and change it to be images, to macgyver it.  I'm not finding good options for using images.  This was to insert 10 sponsor logos.  

TCCMarketing
Rookie

It's totally ridiculous that you cannot copy emails from a previous campaign into a current campaign. Seems way to logical for it not to be a thing. 

URRSBAndi
Campaign Contributor

I find it very frustrating that we paid for a premium custom design email....but we are not able to use it across your platform in all campaign types. 

You can only use it in an email campaign?

But yet, you do emails in your event campaigns....and cannot use the design YOU paid for in that campaign type. 

Please don't say, you can just send an email and imbed the UR for the event in it. Because you lose certain other functionality....like the reminder to non-responders. Also, it is just nice to keep everything (registration form, landing page, EMAILS) all located under your one event campaign....

Very frustrated. 

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @URRSBAndi thank you for sharing this feedback with us! We're always open to ways we can better our user's experience. We can also understand how helpful it would be to use your custom designed email campaigns within all the different campaign types on your account. We apologize this is not currently available and have submitted your feedback on this to the appropriate teams on your behalf. We have also opened up this idea so other users can weigh in as well.

URRSBAndi
Campaign Contributor

Thank you for opening this up so that other users can weigh in.  I just feel like if you are wanting to get customors to purchase designed emails.....then you should have things setup that they can use them in whatever platform they want. I feel like we have purchased something and now literally do not have the ability to use it. I WANT to use it WITHIN events, because there is functionality there that you cannot get by sending the emails seperate (reminder to non-responders). 

There are so many good things that you have within Constant Contact. But still things could always be improved upon. 

gshassociation
Campaign Collaborator

I agree with URRSBAndi

I am making events in campaigns, and the landing page choices and email choices are outdated.  We should have a choice of the outdated designs AND the new designs.  For example, look at the landing page in our current event "11th Annual Supportive Housing Conference."  The choices were very limited.  If I wanted orange, I had to use a Fall Flower, or a combination of orange with other colors I didn't like. 

The coder needs to put the new event and email design within events.  Thank you.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More