Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

More customization options for the event registration form

It would be very helpful to be able to change the format of the registration page... ie move sections around. For example, the section where people choose the items they would like to purchase (which is under settings not registration) falls at the very bottom of the registration page. I would like to add a few comments below this section such as Questions or Cancellations contact info. Unfortunately, that is not an option so I use fields ABOVE the fee section to include information which should fall at the end. Please allow us to move the sections in the final format or at least choose the order they fall in like you do in the form fields section.

52 Comments
MarySueD
Rookie

Even though it is possible to edit the footer on a created email, at this point, one cannot edit the footer on a newly created Event Registration Page.  I understand that the entire Constant Contact event platform is currently being updated; can this feature be added?

Thanks!

SherrieM062
Rookie
One thing I would like to see is more design options. There are few font styles to chose from, and absolutely no cursive fonts. Also, the event creation section is immensely outdated as far as customization goes.
VersaFlex
Campaign Contributor

I'm holding a set of webinars/speaker series online (who isn't right now). I thought that your event campaigns would be the best way to organize registrations and communications around these events. 

For the most part, the event campaign has been good about organizing registrations and initial event information. But the communications options are disappointing and rather limited. Why is there effectively only one template for all registrant emails? Why don't I have access to the same layout and block options that are available to me in all other campaign types?

For instance, when I want to send a follow up email with a thank you and a video link, the layout is restricted to the registration option. The entire side bar (which is meant for Event information) is now redundant and unnecessary. I want to embed a video and a button link. Both of these are possible, but require work-arounds. 

In summary, I wish there was more ability to customize emails sent to event registrants than are currently available. As it stands, I have to evaluate if this method (this platform and this campaign type) is the right option. 

ClaudiaW92
Campaign Contributor
Hi overall, I like working with CC but I thought it would be good to communicate that it's really frustrating to work on a nice design for the event page, and invite and then have no control over the automatic confirmation email. Its extremely difficult to update since it has input from the event page, and a secret text area that comes from the event set up and then another section that allows you to input some text. The confirmation email is clunky, un organized and UGLY... this should be easier to do. I hope it's an update soon. Also, it would be great to be able to export all the information from the registration list from an event. I have to go back and forth and add information manually to my excel sheet and it's VERY annoying and time consuming. Why do I get Registration status, and name...and not the company they are from and answer to my registration questions? This would be a major update. I look forward to hearing back or learning if there is a way to improve these issues.
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @ClaudiaW92 what are you trying to customize in your event confirmation email? What steps would you expect to take in order to do this? As for exporting your registration information, what about our registration full detail report export  tool does not fit these needs?

ClaudiaW92
Campaign Contributor

Hello, thank you for telling me about the full detail report, this should be much better to work with. Regarding the confirmation email, there is section in the event set up where you add the confirmation text. I would like to have all the information in this step so I can preview and edit the design of this email. The email right now is only black and white with text and holds text from the registration page intro, the text from the setup step, and in no design format. Can this be enhanced? See the confirmation email in the attached file. (compared to the invite with a design) which I would like to improve because I can't get the padding but its a smaller issue. Screenshot 2020-05-29 08.57.33.pngScreenshot 2020-05-29 08.59.31.png

Frankie_P

Hi @ClaudiaW92 thank you for following up with these details. At this time the ability to customize the confirmation email is not currently available. We are however merging your post into the correct thread for this request.

ClaudiaW92
Campaign Contributor

@frankie_P ok thank you. I hope we get this developed in the near future as I do see us moving in this direction and I would really like to have a more professional way of confirming people's registrations. 

thanks!

SheriG89
Rookie

I use constant contact for event registration for my events. all of it looks pretty professional until you get to the confirmation page. It is absolutely awful. With all of the improvements you are making, can you please pay some attention to this? It's embarassing that this is what my customers are seeing on the confirmation page.

sorry to sound harsh, but it's very frustrating. It makes my business look unprofessional.CONFEMAIL.PNG

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @SheriG89 thanks for sharing this feedback with us! How would you want these confirmations to look instead? What information would you like to appear?

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More