Collect personal information through survey page

We will need to find another platform since you changed the survey tool. Missing:

Rate items on a scale
Skip question logic
Allow users to enter a comment
Contact block questions (collecting respondent information) w/ options to add to contact list or not)
Long text answers (500 limit current, compared to old 1000 character limit)
Landing / Closing pages

Top Answer
Caitlin_M
Administrator

This thread is only for feedback related to the collection of personal information through a survey page. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release. We've started to look into some options on our end to include a type of form that would collect personal information but there aren't any immediate plans to implement this in the product.

Since the original post, the option to rank answers either in order or on a scale is now available. We have active feature request threads for having the ability to include skip logicallow users to enter a comment, and edit the closing Thank You page. We ask those who come across this page to either comment or vote on these threads directly so your feedback is stored in the proper place. 

50 Comments
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @kathyb_biav  thank you for sharing this feedback with us! All of the ideas you have mentioned are feature requests we are currently collecting feedback on. Because of this we have opened up your idea so other users can weigh in as well.

Frankie_P

Hi @kathyb_biav we wanted to share some follow-up information with you on these requests. The good news is the option to rank answers either in order or on a scale is now available. We also have active feature request threads for having the ability to include skip logicallow users to enter a comment, and edit the closing Thank You page. In fact we would recommend commenting or voting on these threads directly so your feedback is stored in the proper place. As for the character limit on open ended questions, what are some cases where you would need more than a 500 character limit?

TraceyLeeDavis
Super User
I'm using the new survey editor for the first time. I can't seem to find a way to ask people to give me their email address/contact info like we used to be able to do. I need to be able to require contact info or my survey is moot. Can this please be added ASAP?
Tri-Lease
Marketing Legend

We have been using the legacy survey for a while now and we are sad not to see some functions on the new survey creation tools. The missing progress bar and page breaks - this was helpful to break up our survey in sections when we do the end-of-the-year surveys. Skip Logic - this was also helpful if a customer answered yes to bring them to a follow-up question and if no we directed them to the next important question so they would not have to scroll past the questions that didn't pertain to them. The ratings on a scale - the legacy version has a section you could say. "How would you rate the following statements..." and then under you could have multiple questions and only have one set of scale ratings (also the word you place in the scale rankings didn't get cut in odd sports like the new version). I also would love to see a drop-down box for the survey so customers can select a name from a drop-down menu to keep things looking neat and to keep scrolling too much.

Using the dividers and spacing blocks will not solve the situation, it just makes the survey look longer. With page breaks the person taking the survey can hit next to go to the next main category of the survey. For our annual survey, it would be since to have 3 separate pages so the survey doesn't feel so long.

JenniferH487
Marketing Expert

Since 2013 we have been posting Legacy Survey links on our website, so anyone can fill them out to request more/future information. If they decide to provide their contact information (which 99% opt to do), they are added to one of our email databases. 

Right now, if they fill out one of the “new” surveys, they are unable to opt in for future communication with us. And all responses show up as coming from “Anonymous.”

The "Please include your contact information" section on the Legacy Survey is critical in helping us get requested information to those who ask for it it as well as to grow our database list. Please include it in the new version.

EllenM555
Rookie

We use the survey page to allow our people to request samples. If there is no way for us to collect their personal information, these become useless to us. Reading through other comments, it seems like this is an important item for many of your users. I'm adding my plea to bring that back! 

Tri-Lease
Marketing Legend

We have been using the legacy survey for a while now and we are sad not to see some functions on the new survey creation tools. The missing progress bar and page breaks - this was helpful to break up our survey in sections when we do the end-of-the-year surveys. Skip Logic - this was also helpful if a customer answered yes to bring them to a follow-up question and if no we directed them to the next important question so they would not have to scroll past the questions that didn't pertain to them. The ratings on a scale - the legacy version has a section you could say. "How would you rate the following statements..." and then under you could have multiple questions and only have one set of scale ratings (also the word you place in the scale rankings didn't get cut in odd sports like the new version). I also would love to see a drop-down box for the survey so customers can select a name from a drop-down menu to keep things looking neat and to keep scrolling too much.

Using the dividers and spacing blocks will not solve the situation, it just makes the survey look longer. With page breaks the person taking the survey can hit next to go to the next main category of the survey. For our annual survey, it would be since to have 3 separate pages so the survey doesn't feel so long.

kathyb_biav
Marketing Legend

@FrankieP the 1000 character limit is not critical; 500 would work; but the rest of the things I mentioned are. Thanks.

WVPresbytery
Marketing Legend
In the Legacy Surveys, one of the options under Question Type was Collect Personal Information. We use that on our surveys, but I noticed it wasn't an option in the new Survey Pages, so when I created a survey for our event on May 20, I had to use the Legacy Surveys so I could include that. It is very helpful to us, and I would like to have it back in the new system.
Comms
Campaign Expert

All the above - very disappointed and no response from Constant contact 

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More