Limit responses to survey pages from one computer

On survey's, you used to be able to limit it to be taken only one time by a person or email address.  Now, it can be taken as many times as they wish and results get skewed.

This is by far the dumbest thing you have ever done and without even telling us.

Please fix this as soon as possible.

23 Comments
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @MagnoliaPtCommunityAssoc at this time our updated survey campaigns do not offer the ability to limit the responses from one computer. But it is a feature request we are tracking. We have opened up your idea so other users can weigh in as well. We will also reach back out to this post with any further updates.

SantaFritz
Rookie

How legitimate would an elections process (one person - one vote) be if that can not be secured? And what about a slate of 6-10 (or more) candidates with the objective to select your favorite 2/3/4/5... for the number of open seats?

This is something mandatory from the software we use.

SherriV9
Rookie
I'm not very impressed with your upgrades. I used to be able to set a survey to limit the number of times a person took it. Our school system is doing a survey on possible calendars. The data is invalid if people take the survey multiple times. Why did you get rid of that option. Very disappointed.
HelenaH
Campaign Contributor

The new survey is useless. It allows each user to vote as many times as they want, which invalidates the purpose of any survey. The information it provides is now useless. 

HelenaH
Campaign Contributor

Constant Contact:  please pay attention to this survey issue. I urge you to contact a statistician to understand what is going on. Surveys are useless once you allow the same user to vote repeatedly. CC new survey results are confounded by allowing the same users to vote over and over again. This is not American Idol. We are business people looking for accurate, usable information from all of our customers and we need accurate results. We are being forced into other platforms due to this change. 

ISBT2023
Constant Contact Partner

Is this another example of "new and improved"?  You all really REALLY need to remove that language regarding the survey tool.  It may be "new", but look at the abundant comments and you'll see that it's not improved - MAYBE in one area, but overall it's a major downgrade in functionality, so I don't know how you all call it "improved".

MorganBonney
Rookie

The new page format does not give limits to how many responses can be returned from the same computer.  Is that intended from Legacy.  Who thought the new format was "better?"

Frankie_P

Hi @MorganBonney having the ability to limit responses from one computer is a feature request we are currently tracking feedback on. In fact we have merged your post into a larger thread focused on this idea.

JohnM03
Campaign Collaborator
Legacy had a button to limit survey to 'one per individual' (IP address, I imagine). That would be another good inclusion with the 'new' version.
VJJAPRESIDENT
Rookie

Limiting responses to one email or one computer is a feature that is required in order to not skew our responses and data tracking. If not implemented, we will unfortunately be forced to seek another provider for our surveys. 

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More