Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Additional event payment options

Just wondering if square.com will be used as an option when my customers register. I really like it and it's much easier on our side and less expensive. Let me know if this will ever be an option. thank you

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Hello everyone, 

With the newer event tool out and the contract with WePay having ended after 2023, this means that PayPal is currently the only online payment provider available.

While our devs are looking into other alternatives for integrated payment providers, they are also open to any specific suggestions you have:

• What payment provider would you prefer to use?
  • What is the most important aspect in a payment provider to you?

83 Comments
AmberE51
Campaign Collaborator

Agreed! PLEASE give us another option other than WePay, Authorize.net and Pro Pay. Have used them all and dislike all three!! Never had an issue with Square. PLEASE add square as a payment option for pre registration!!

FMI_Edmonton
Campaign Expert

Currently Event Spot only supports PayPal for payments if you're Canadian based. Our registrants are increasingly from organizations where they are not allowed to use PayPal with their corporate credit cards, and PayPal has become increasingly difficult to use for some users due to their enhanced credit card verification and account structure (which isn't appropriate for our customers or transactions through Event Spot).

Suggest Event Spot to plug in with Stripe which is similar to WePay (2.9% + $0.30, no monthly, no annual, no withdrawal fee) and supports Canadians or enhance the WePay to include Canadians so we can take payments directly on the form without directing through PayPal.

DonnaT22
Campaign Collaborator

Please add Stripe as an option for credit card processing in Event Spot

Hannah_M

Thanks for posting this feedback!

CoachDaley
Rookie
Please add Squareup.com as an option. Thank you for including the Event spot as part of our cost. Logan was an amazing help with our registration. John
TomS605
Campaign Collaborator

you should have the option built into the system for different rates for different methods of payment, ie paypal, credit card, at door, etc.

BrianG825
Rookie
Please add new features to be able to modify payment options if desired beyond Check, Pay at Door, PayPal or Credit Card. For example, I would like to change "Pay at Door" to "Charge my member account"(in the case of our golf club) but am unable to do so. Also, it would be helpful to be able add an option and be able to customize it. Seems like this would be an easy development fix. I am a new customer and will likely cancel if this enhancement cannot be made. Thanks
Hannah_M

Great feedback, thanks for posting!

BenjaminRose
Rookie

@JaniceP27 wrote:

Our business uses Authorize.Net to accept MC and VISA, but we intentionally do not accept AMEX and Discover. I suggest an Event feature to allow me to select the cards to display on the form. Otherwise, AMEX people will get frustrated and walk away. Even better...setting payment up only once, and have it apply for every event. Today I must open up each event and put payment information in on each one.

So, are there any plans to implement this "certified great idea"? We have this issue as well, since we do not accept Discover card. It's frustrating to registrants whose charges are declined, and they are not always understanding about why the logo is there if we do not accept the card.

Hannah_M
Status changed to: Voting Open

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More