cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tomorrow morning (8/26) from 07:00 AM - 08:00 AM ET we need to make a few updates to our site. During this time, no emails will be sent and some customers will not be able to access their contacts. We recommend finishing up your work before 07:00 AM and logging in after 08:00 AM ET. Thank you for your patience while we make these updates.

Registrant able to cancel own event registration?

Registrant able to cancel own event registration?

We are trying to use Events to advertise and schedule staff training. But it is a pain to have to cancel individual registrations. I would like to see the ability for the registrant to cancel an their own event registration. Has this enhancement request been entered?

17 Comments
Occasional Contributor
Would it not be appropriate to provide a capability for self-registrants to be able to free up their spot for awaiting registrants,when a list is closed as full?
Status changed to: New

Occasional Contributor
Although this system has made my work-life ALOT easier, there are still a couple features that would be greatly helpful!! I wish there was an initial set-up option to allow or not allow registrants to cancel their initial registration after they have already registered. It tells them to contact administrator and doesn't allow them to cancel/un-register. It creates so much admin work for me to get emails from people saying they registered and cannot attend now due to whatever. Then I have to log in and go through the steps to cancel them. I received several requests from one team because many people had not asked permission from leadership prior to registering. The other request would be to allow copying an event and email after it has been closed. I use the same event/emails often and just modify dates/times/locations, so this function would be extremely helpful as well. Thanks Constant Contact team! By the way, you have AMAZING customer service and I recommend you to all my business colleges.
Advisor

Visitor
The only way your system allows a registrant to cancel is to send a note to us, and we have to go in and manually cancel the person. This is very inefficient and adds work. You should make it possible to include a Cancel Registration link in confirmation/reminder emails.

Thanks for posting this feedback! What types of information would you like to be able to have your registrants edit?

Status changed to: Vote for this idea if you agree

There should be a page for someone to be able to cancel their registration. Similar to the "Decline Someone" page. We often times have people who wish to cancel their registration and rather than require me to manually do it. It would be nice if they could fill out a form and cancel themselves.
I would like my registrants to be able to go back to their registration and make changes when necessary. Not having this feature is a pain. I have seen a few posts where this feature has been asked for since at least 2010 with the promise that it was COMING SOON. It is almost 2016 and the feature is still not available :-(