cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send Immediatly

Send Immediatly

It's frustrating that I only have one welcome message. I'm running a campaign to download an e-book, but they won't get an immediate email with the download link. And I don't want everyone who signs up for my newsletter to get the e-book only a very specific list. Without this ability the Autoresponder feature is not fully built out.

83 Comments
Occasional Participant
I think the autoresponder emails should have an "immediate send" option along with the "custom days.". Many offer a free "immediate access" downloadable giveaway. It can't be scheduled immediately. Very disjointed. One day after Opt-In doesn't develop trust and it's anti-climactic. I had to tweak the "Welcome" email, but my existing email list will get a "Thanks for updating" and not the welcome email with downloadable PDF. Confusing and tweaking isn't user-friendly.
Status changed to: New

Thanks for this feedback. Right now the welcome email sends out immediatly after someone signs up so we don't allow your first Autoresponder to be sent for 24 hours. 

Occasional Visitor
Hello guys, Schedule autoresponders is cool, expept one little detail. If a customer enroll into a particular list, would be super cool to have the opportunity to schedule an autoresponder hours or minutes. If a customer enroll and need to wait one day to get the first response, ummm, is kind of bad customer service from my side. I like the idea of future emails, on other days, but the first email, would be cool to be able to be send out sooner.

Thanks for sharing your feedback on this! Have you used the Welcome Email in your account? This email sends out instantly to someone who signs up for your list. This doesn't send to people you add to the list though. The Welcome Email is on by default but can be turned off.

Visitor
From a user perspective, the fact that your system does not allow 2 things when working with autoresponders continues to amaze me: 1. You do not allow us to redirect someone to a URL of our choosing when they opt into a list. 2. You do not allow us to set the follow-up email to go same-day -- they HAVE to receive the welcome email that everyone gets and then 1 day later they will receive the actual email they signed up for. I'm a VA that has about 10 other clients and EVERY email system I use to manage their businesses allow me to do the above things, yours is the only system that does not (this includes free services that are out there as well). This is seriously hindering how my client participates in telesummits, etc. for which she gives gifts to those that register. PLEASE make available to us the ability to redirect someone to a specific URL, send an AR on day 0 and take away the need to force us to send everyone the same welcome email no matter what list they are signing up for. All of these are so basic and is how pretty much EVERY other email delivery service operates.

Thanks for sharing this feedback!

Occasional Participant

Totally agree with Marisa. I was excited that Constant Contact was adding more options to the autoresponder, but so far it's a poor competitor with Aweber.  C'mon, you can do better, I know you can surpass this.   A welcome letter is an unnecessary piece of clutter in an inbox when what I'm trying to do is deliver a digital download.

And the form creation option  -- while excellent that it can now be linked to a specific list -- is not useable as is.  The form footer can't be edited, and makes the form ridiculously long. The form itself is humongously wide.  I can't possible fit it on my website anywhere that makes sense. Please keep working on this.  I really would like to drop my Aweber account but can't until you have a real autoresponder that rivals and surpasses theirs.

Occasional Participant

Agree with Raul.  A welcome letter is only useful to me if I can also deliver a pdf file with it.  As is, I can't do that.  Basically I hate welcome letters.  They don't make sense for my needs, which is to have different messages and different digital product deliveries in an instant response to a subscriber. So it's back to Aweber for my needs until Constant Contact develops a real full service autoresponder.

Occasional Participant

Hazel is completely correct on this. I've been asking for these things from CC for years. Other recent improvements are great, but the autoresponder still sucks. Please make this a priority. The current non-functionality prevents me from recommending CC to my clients who want to deliver digital downloads instantly.

Occasional Visitor
I have used other programs with autoresponders and the option is always for an immediate response when someone signs up. The fact that people don't get an immediate e-mail with their information causes them to forget that they did sign up and then when the autoresponder e-mail comes the next day, they mark it as spam. This is not good for my business nor yours. I know this update is in process and if it could be moved to the top of the list that would be good as it's VERY important. Thanks

Thanks for sharing this feedback, Kathi! Are you using a welcome email to send to these signups immediately? This is the workaround right now but please continue to share feedback on features you would like to see implemented in the future! 

Regular Visitor
How do I schedule an immediate response?

Hi Crystal,

Thanks for posting. At this time there is not a way to schedule your Autoresponder to send instantly because the Welcome email sends immediately to all new subscribers. This is a great idea for the future so thank you for posting!

You need to be able to send unique welcome emails for each list, not one that goes to all. Or be able to shut off the welcome email to a specific list and offer the ability to set an auto responder to go our immediately as the first one in the campaign. Each list might have a unique message. Should be a simple fix on your end.

Thanks for posting. You can now turn off your Welcome email but the first Autoresponder email cannot be sent for 24 hours. This is something we're working on developing for the future. 

8-6-2014 2-21-28 PM.png

Occasional Visitor
The auto responder should be sent to the client THE SAME DAY!

Thanks for posting. We're always looking for ways to improve the Autoresponder process for you! The reason the Autoresponder does not send instantly is because there is a welcome email turned on by deafult in your account. This welcome email sends right after the person signs up. Have you tried working with this?

I want to be able to send an immediate email to someone when they are added to my group from a landing page... currently the fastest the first email in a campaign can be sent is one day after they are added. Can you update the system to allow for an immediate delivery of the first email so a prospect doesn't have to wait 24 hours for the information they requested?

Thanks for posting this feedback. At this time the first Autoresponder won't send for 24 hours because the Welcome email is designed to send right away. Do you use this email to get any information across?

Occasional Visitor

This is a sorely missing feature from your autoresponder. Why should people who sign-up for my lists have to wait a full 24 hours to receive an e-mail from me?! This causes a very poor customer experience. Your competitors offer immediate and one-hour after sign-up options on their autoresponders. Why don't you? Please add this feature ASAP. I may consider switching to a competitor product over this.

Occasional Participant

Absolutely agree.

Not helpful at all a day later -- I'm trying to get people to a downloadable free PDF -- this should be instant.

I'm going to have to look elsewhere to find this -- I'm really surprised that Constant Contact doesn't have this, if you're trying to be an industry leader. This is standard for sales websites trying to capture email addresses with free content offers.

Advisor

Occasional Visitor

I'd like to see the ability to to send out an autoresponse immediately after a contact is added to a specific list, this email would essentially kick off the drip campaign right away. 

A workaround to this request is the "Welcome Email" funcationality, however the editing options are very poor in comparison to what's on offer in the email module. I guess this should be a seperate idea, but I would suggest that an upgrade is done to the editing options on the "welcome email" 

Thanks

Thank you for sharing this feedback!

Solution Provider

Totally agree with Deah! We need to be able to respond immediately with the free PDF that we promised to them for signing up for our newsletter (or whatever.) I get emails from irate people saying that they didn't get the first 3 Chapters of my book. (AND that's because you don't send it out until 24 hours later. )

Beth

We are setting up a Free Report and using the scheduled Autoresponse system, however, the quickest response is 1 day after the person is entered into the list. This is not acceptable. The person requesting the Free Report wants it immediately, not in one day. Using this system has the possibility of us losing business and sales revenue because the customer is not able to receive the information immediately as requested and expected. Extremely disappointed in this and we will look at other email marketing programs to fulfill our business needs.

Thanks for posting this feedback!

Occasional Visitor
Hi, would like to get an autoresponder that goes to contacts immediately rather than 24 hours later. Is that in the works?
Occasional Organizer

Setting up an auto-responder (a.r.) as a way to send a gift (PDF file) to new clients signing up. BIG problem is that a.r. has a minimum responding time of 1 day.

That's unacceptable as my new clients, after signing up, will certainly wonder where is the PDF file. They will either "give up" on me thinking that I don't keep 'my promise' or email me and ask what's going? To which, of course, I have to respond to every email and tell them that my email service doesn't have the option of responding right and that they will get the file later. Again, looking very poorly on me.

The issue is simple to fix. In a.r., add an option to RESPOND NOW!!!

I called tech support and was told that MANY people are requesting this feature. So I REALLY don't understand why this is not implemented.

PLEASE fix this and thanks in advance...

Occasional Visitor

I sell software online and want to use CC autorespond to handle my automatic email replies to people that sign up for a free trial of my software.  Is there a way to have it reply immediately?

Hi SteveS079

At this time 24 hours is the quickest you can have an email send to the contacts who join your Autoresponder list. Have you tried using the Welcome Email to get contacts the information you want them to have immediately? Thanks for your feedback on this!

Visitor
It would be GREAT if the autoresponder for drip campaigns could be scheduled by the # of Minutes and Hours after signing up for an email list. This is especially important for the FIRST email. That would allow me to send an immediate email rather than my welcome email. I would also like the ability to set the TIME OF DAY the ongoing emails go out rather than it default to increments of 24 hours after signing up for my list. Thank you!
Occasional Visitor
All other email programs allow a 0 day delivery option for autoresponders. If someone has requested a bonus report, book. etc, they don't expect to wait 24 hours to receive it. You either need to allow multiple Welcome emails with a link to the requested bonus or allow a 0 day option for sending the first autoresponder message.
Regular Visitor
It would be wonderful if the Autoresponder had different timelimits to respond - particularly, immediately. In the instance of a "sign up for our newsletter", our customers now wait an entire day before they see our "welcome to Locket" email which is much too long. You should have the ability to send an immediate response.
Visitor
I am a Realtor - all the real estate coaches and consultants I deal with are "selling" clients on not using your service as you will not send the first em until the new em address is in your system for 24 hours - this is absurd !! and shows poor customer service i know about the welcome - half baked - poor quality em we can send - and even that has challenges - as it seems that a welcome em will not go out if the em address being added is in one of my existing contact lists - this is stupid too I will probably be changing to one of your competitors soon you policies make no sense at all - Steve H
ideally want the autorespond email to go back to anyone in less than 5 mins.....people are adding their name to our email list to get a response with a 20% off coupon so they can place an order right away.....
Regular Visitor

Hi, Can you please implement the following services: 1) I would like to have the ability to have a "Day 0" autoresponder email to send to my customers. In this way, we can customize the email, and thank them for registering for a specific program, and get them rolling right away. The way it is now, my customers register with the form, and then they don't hear anything from me for over 24 hours. In the meantime, they start writing me and calling me to ask if I got their registration information. This is challenging. I have been using 1shoppingcart until now, and I have always been able to send out a customized message on Day 0. 2) I would like to be able to send out more than one autoresponder message per day. 1shoppingcart allows you to send out as many emails you wish on any given day, but they aren't as pretty as yours. I don't like to overwhelm people with emails, but there are times when I need to send them more than one email per day (for organization purposes) after they purchase a series. 3) I would like to have the ability to launch a particular autoresponder series on a given date. Let's say I am beginning a program on Jan 1st and there are many people registering and adding themselves to my list between now and then. I would like to be able to tell the system, "ok, start sending everyone on this list - the day 0 or day 1 email - as of Jan 1st. This is not possible currently. 4) Last, when I view my list of emails, I always have to click on view all email lists to see all of my lists. Can you possibly add a scroll bar along the side of the box, so I can scroll to access the list I am looking for? It would be very helpful. Thanks for your help, Robin Duncan

Hi, We have hand entered people who have made a donation to us into an autoresponder series. In the ideal world (and aweber does this) the 1st message should go out immediately to thank them for their donation. I understand that since they have not opt-ed into a form this can't happen, but it has now delayed our thank you messages going out by 24 hours. Can't you provide an option for an instant email to go out as the 1st email in the autoresponder series?
Occasional Contributor

We would like this feature too!!

Thanks for sharing this feedback, Robin!