cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Some customers are seeing intermittent errors when attempting to upload a new image or insert an image into their email. While we look into getting this fixed we have found if you try to reattempt your previous action, the image will be visible. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Sorting events by the date of the event

Sorting events by the date of the event

I would like to have the ability to sort my events by the newest to oldest based on the date they are occuring rather than the date they were created. Can this option be added to the sorting options?

117 Comments
All Star
It would be so nice to be able to sort the events the way you want them. We should be able to create folders and add events to certain folders so its not just a cluster all over the page.
Status changed to: Vote for this idea if you agree

Thanks for sharing this feedback!

major problem for us with the new interface, we need to be able to sort by the date of the event (we have over 200 events and currently cannot sort by the EVENT DATE) - alternatively a SEARCH feature would solve this.

Status changed to: New

Thanks for posting this feedback!

All Star

There should be a way to organize the created campaigns. It is ridiculous to have to scroll through all the campaigns. I realize there are groups like "active"/"done"/"sent", but at least putting in a search bar would make a huge impact and make the system so much better. It is impossible to find events because we just have to keep scrolling down the page which is tedious and time consuming. Developing a simple search bar so we can start to type event names would solve so many issues.

Thanks for sharing this feedback!

Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Frequent Visitor
Hi, I would love to see a sort option by EVENT DATE. I create many events months in advance and have to scroll back to the creation date to find the event when I need to view it or change it. Thank you!

This is great feedback, thanks for posting! 

I cannot find my surveys. Need to copy one.
Regular Visitor
We recently "upgraded" to Toolbox, and I would like to strongly suggest that in addition to Home, Campaigns, Contacts, Reporting and Library, please add back in "Email", which you used to have. It was very convenient to go into email, find a version of an email from a campaign, and copy it or edit it. It is NOT convenient to go into Campaigns, select the campaign, select emails from the dashboard, and then find the one I want. A time waster!!!!!!
Occasional Visitor
It would be nice to be able to click and drag and bring one to the top, say if I'm adding to an old draft. Right now, I have drafts that have been pushed down to the bottom as I've sent different things. Ideally, I'd like to be able to click and drag to reorder my campaigns, like a Netflix queue.
I like that you allow me to sort campaigns into folders--however, I fail to see the point if they are not easily accessible. As it is, I have to click on at least 3 screens to get to them. The Home screen just defaults to showing all campaigns regardless of topic so what's the point of sorting them when it only shows all campaigns again each time I login. If you could customize the home screen to folder views and/or to default on particular folder when I login, I'd find this tool more useful.
Occasional Visitor
For my purposes, the home page does not help me and is a source of frustration. It sorts by the date I created the item, which is not a date I care about. The date of the event or newsletter is what is important to me for sorting purposes, and I can't sort by that marker. I also do not care for the amount of real estate used on the home page for only 5 item entries, and then only the percentage of responses, not the actual numbers. The old chart, as I recall, gave more information.
All Star
When I went in to put in a new contacts, the entire right side of your contact list was nearly out of site. I couldn't move it over. I had to GUESS where the icon was to finish my addition. There was not a 'bar' at the bottom to move it over. Your screen is too large.
It would be great if the home page gave the most current campaigns rather than ones from 2013. This would be a way for us to quickly see what our most recent campaigns were! Loving the new interface!
Occasional Visitor
New software update is AWFUL. I have to click 5 times to get to my events. WHY?????????
Frequent Visitor
Please add an option to list events by date in the dashboard - that's the most relevant form of organizing events. I want to see the ones up coming - not things that have closed.
All Star
Events are difficult to find not being able to sort by the date they are happening. On the last layout it was easier to sort and find events in order of when they are happening. Please add that as a way to sort.
Regular Visitor

Please have an option to search Event Spot by date of the event NOT only the date it was created as the only choice. It takes SO long to search because I may create an event today for September. We have at least 10 events per month and will grow to 20 events over the next couple of months. It takes way to long to search.

Please advise.

Thank you,

Chris Glass

Visitor
HI Constant Contact, Is there a way to organize previous campaigns into folders so that they are easier to find? Often we use the same message design from last year and copy to make edits. For example - Summer Camp Promos Right down, we have to just scroll down through the dates to find each one. If we are able to organize campaigns into folders, this would make it a lot easier!!
WHERE IS THE EVENTS TAB? Seriously. I created an event two months ago and now I have to scroll through two months of emails to find it. MM
All Star
It's VERY frustrating to have to dig for my events rather than have them available when I log in with the new update. Please return access to the home page when I log in. Thank you.

The new layout takes a lot more time to navigate than before - it was great being able to click "Event Spot" knowing all I would see were different Events. I frequently refer back to past campagins for format, design or information that I may have sent 8-10 months ago; however sicne then I may have sent 25+ emails making the current search process cumbersome. I utilize multiple functions offered by Constant Contact  - Email, Event Spot, Survey - so the list of All Campaigns is not helpful. The separation of the functions offered in the last version was great - no confusion, easy to access. If separation isn't an option, then more sort by options would help tremendously (Ex. Sort by Campaign Type: Event Spot, Email, Survey; Search Bar options - by campaign name).

I do not like the new layout now I can't find my events and my surveys. I liked that they were separate one for events and one for surveys.

The new design makes it very difficult to find events that are in the future, because of the date they were created.  I prefer the old way, when my events were in order by the event date. Don't understand why, if something isn't broke you have to change it to make it harder.

Occasional Participant
I really don't like how we are no longer able to sort by date of event. Instead of sorting by date of event, it only sorts by date of event "created". This makes it much harder to find events for me. I have to strain my eyes, and sometimes it takes me quite a while. Please, please, please bring back the ability to sort by date of event. Thank you for your consideration.

Yes, bring back the Event Center and allow us to see all of the events listed chronically by the event date, as well as the date created or modified!

Can you immediately add a search feature to be able to search by the date of the event? This would help until a search feature can be added. Kind regards, Donna M. Fancey 902-543-1067
Solution Provider

I'm extremely disappointed in the latest upgrade of CC. You will see from my account that I run monthly events. I run a business women's network. Since the upgrade it has proved extremely difficult to find these events and to check the booking details. Last night I was so frustrated by the amount of time taken to find today's event that I contacted Chat Support, who also had great difficulty with the process taking around 45 mins. I was told that a new Search feature was forthcoming, but when I asked about timescales was told that it's not even in Beta. Wishful thinking I think. This really isn't good enough CC and not what I expect from you. What makes it worse is that we have no-one in the UK to act on our behalf now, although I have been allocated a Partner Support, who I'll copy into this detail. Please sort this issue! I dd not wish to post this to the Community - but don't know how else to make ths complaint.

Solution Provider

The heading on ths should have been - EVENTS - Searchng

It would be ideal if it actually gave you the current open events instead of just the last email campaigns you sent out. I constantly have to fumble through all of the email campaigns to find my events. The new system is very cumbersome.
Occasional Contributor
Why can events be ordered by the date they occur. I'm getting completed events mixed with upcoming events . . . . don't like this change.
Why when you pull up campaigns it give no sorting options? An event that has closed is at the top. Why? I'd like to have the option to view this how I want.
Visitor
At this moment I am extremely unhappy with the changes you have made. I am unable to find our event or the registration to see who is registered/paid. Am I blind? It used to be I could just log on and quickly see the latest event and number of registrants and do the quick reporting function to print it. I can't find it anywhere and I don't have time to deal with this.
Occasional Advisor

I agree.  The new layout is cumbersome and requires way too many clicks.  For example, I sent out an email blast yesterday and when I log in today to check click throughs etc, that email doesn't even appear on the main page upon logging in.  I have to click the Campaign tab to get to it.  It's also confusing when events and email campaigns are grouped together.  It was much easier to just click on each individual type of communication (emails, events etc.) and work from there. 

Status changed to: Voting Open

Regular Visitor

Please give another option to search for events!!!! EventSpot is currently set up in the order the event was created. I may create an event today (August 24th) that is scheduled for November. We could have 8 - 15 events per month. There needs to be a better search option instead of only the date created. It's very time consuming to find an event and I'm getting disorganized with my scheduled events.

I need to be able to review at least the past 10 to 15 campaigns at a time. This is not adequate just showing me 5 initially.
The new dashboard that does not separate the email campaigns from events list is terrible. It is super difficult to find a list of active events--now requires two clicks as opposed to being displayed right on landing dashboard. Please revert to old dashboard or implement a way to customize what view you can see upon sign in.
I constantly used constant contact for events reservation- with the new format its just the least helpful/ navigate-able format ever. Not sure who thought that mixing campaigns was a great idea but its not. Also really hard to find the events I am looking for because the sorting options don't allow for when the event is taking place (this was its hugest plus) now I have to scroll through countless pages before I can find what I am looking for. Please add the date/ event sorting option so that my life can get easier.
Need a additional way to sort campaigns - I send Club weekly update - with the range for week Upcoming events - date posted and part 1 and if needed a part 2 A special event or Theater party by name. If I am looking for an old one or to get lets say all of the weekly updates into a folder its way to time consuming
Occasional Visitor
I wish my campaigns would automatically sort by the EVENT DATE. That would be so much easier. Now I have to select "Active" campaigns, then search thru. Not very user-friendly. thanx!
Please, please do something about the sorting of campaigns. It's a nightmare. The alphabetical sorting doesn't work at all and sorting according to the date the campaign was created is totally useless. Go back to the old way of sorting campaigns (specifically events) according to when they are happening, not when they were created. We rely almost exclusively on Constant Contact for our registration needs and this has made our job so much more difficult. I have called and posted about this several times since the update. Please address it or tell me why you can't so I can make some decisions about how to proceed.