cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Sorting events by the date of the event

Sorting events by the date of the event

I would like to have the ability to sort my events by the newest to oldest based on the date they are occuring rather than the date they were created. Can this option be added to the sorting options?

117 Comments
Visitor

It would be really helpful to have the ability to customize the main page (dashboard) to see the items you are following. The new design of the software makes it more difficult to find specific campaigns, etc. at a single glance. For example, if an event was created a while ago, it gets buried into the older campaigns, even if it is something that is still being worked on daily. If there was a way to flag the campaigns, emails, etc. that you're currently working on or following to default to appear on the main dashboard so that you're not having to dig through the different folders to find those items, that would be a huge help. Or, at least have the campaigns, emails, etc. that are getting the most traffic/use automatically pop up on the main page. I find the new design frustrating because only the latest items appear on the main page.

CTCT Employee
Status changed to: Voting Open

It is hard to believe you would not put a sort for the date of the event.  I just spent 5 minutes trying to find my event.  I do not manage my events by the date I created it.  What would be great just add - high to low or a low to high for event date in the drop down.  I feel like saying "Shame on you".  A disconnect from you users.  I do understand how hard such a dramatic change is.  You have to setup for the future and generally it looks good.

Dennis Whitty

SCORE Kansas City Web Master

All Star

I agree. Too much space taken up in campaign view and homepage. Things spread out waaaaay tooooo much, that it makes it cumbersome to scroll and get to the info you want. Before one could easily and quickly see their information. New layout takes longer to go through, and also visually is awful and cluttered looking. The old view was much handier and simple to use. I do not like the new layout at ALL. I also dislike it when changes are made to supposedly 'improve' the product, but seem only to be made to make one think that improvements have been made. And this is NOT an improvement!  "If it isn't broken..."

Regular Organizer

Occasional Contributor
Please list events in chronological order of the Event date. Oct. 20 BP workshops are listed way down the list after many events that are already closed.
Occasional Contributor
The events should be sorted by event date.. When I try sort by A to Z it DOES NOT WORK>
All Star
I have already had a long conversation with Customer Support about how the new listing of events in order of date creation does not work for our organization at all. In addition I realize that we can no longer see if an event is open or closed from the listing page. That would be helpful. Thank you.
Occasional Contributor
1. Can no longer sort by date of program. 2. Can no longer sort by number of registrants 3. Alphabetic search less than useful when many programs begin with "The". Prefer to be able to search by any word in title 4. A very important function we have requested repeatedly is automated reports on abandoned attempted registrations. We currently (until today) would check our most popular programs (sorting by registration) and look for abandoned registrations-- the vast majority of these convert once contacted, so we like to contact them quickly. The sort by number of registrations was a workaround, and is less important if we can get automated reports of abandoned registrations.
I would like to be able to find my events by date of event! I have over 600 events a year!
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give me the option to have my events listed by event date--not just created by! I don't understand why this was changed. Your new system now requires scrolling thru my entire list to find event I need all because I created my events for 2017 at same time. This is EXTREMELY time consuming and confusing. Because I have numerous events, I forget what I need to do by time I locate it in my list! Please don't fix what's not broken. I need an option for the list to display by event date--not limited to date event was created. I'm sorry but this change has been so time consuming. Thank you in advance for adding this option.
Occasional Contributor
Please add an option to sort "Events and Registrations" by date of event. Creation date is not useful for my organization that has dozens of events (usually all created in Constant Contact on the same date, but held throughout several months). I'm losing a lot of time trying to find my registration pages as there's no obvious order without the ability to sort by event date (like it was before!!!). thanks
We need to be able to sort events by date so they are in order. You could also provide alternate views so that a more compact view is available. It is cumbersome on small resolution screens to see multiple events.
Is there a way to sort the event campaigns by event date, versus the date it was created or last modified. I find it very difficult to locate my events with the new sorting limitations
Events are extremely hard to keep organized with the new set up. PLEASE organize by the date of event NOT when it was last modified. Thanks!
All Star

I found it odd that when I selected a FEE for my event and then had multiple parts to sign up for, the attendee could only chose ONE fee. I had to put my sections of fee payment in the ITEMS FOR SALE, it looks weird to have my day event and my dinner event under ITEMS FOR SALE.

Also had trouble that if I added DONATIONS, they could only donate if they were NOT attending, also had to put my donations under ITEMS FOR SALE. That looks bad.

Visitor

I completely agree.  Events organized by  Date of event is a really important feature that has been lost.   The current systems is very frustrating to use effectly.  Please give us the opportunity to organize by date of event.

I wanted to write you to express my utter dissatisfaction for the new format of the event dashboard on Constant Contact. It has made my job immensely more difficult not being able to clearly see events in date order. I take several calls and emails a day regarding registration for an event and when I can't easily sort by date to pull up an event, it puts me in an embarrassing situation when I cannot find the event page to assist them with registration. We have used Constant Contact for several years now and I have started looking for other event and newsletter management systems to replace our account with Constant Contact due to the the difficulty I have been having. The point of this system is to make my job as a marketer easier and that is not the current outcome of our relationship with your company. I sincerely hope that you will make a change to the system soon so that you don't lose business. I have heard from several people within my marketing network that they are having the same frustrating issues.
It makes no sense why you cannot sort your events by the date of the event.
There needs to be a option to organize events by the date that they are happening. NOT when they were created.
Please bring back the option to organize events by date!
The events page lists my events in date order of when I created them, not when they are to occur. This is a problem. Takes too long to scroll through and have to remember in what order I created them? Stupid. Also, we need more events per page instead of having to click through multiple pages to find what we need. What did CC do? This change set the site back, not offer improvement.

The new format is very messy and not intuitive.  As an organization that sends multiple emails to different groups and has many events every month, the current layout does not work well.  It was much better when events were separated from emails and it makes much more sense to list the events by the date of the event.  Having events listed by last modified or alphabetical or old to new makes no sense!  Please go back to the old way.  It looked better and was much more functional!

Occasional Participant

I am a new usert to Constant Contact - I need to be able to insert HTML into our Templates - must get this capability restored.  

Occasional Contributor
PLEASE bring back the option to sort by date of event. I just spent 10 minutes looking for an event. thanks
There needs to be an option of sorting events by dates as we can have over 40 events a month. Also, the event needs to have shown if it is open or closed on the main screen. It wastes time trying to find the event, then having to click into the event to see if open or closed. Then once you do that you are sent back to the previous page and have to relocate your previous spot. The update is a step backwards rather than forward for the customer. It is making an easy task that much harder and more time consuming.
Occasional Visitor

I am running a non-profit organization that offers educational and meeting events.  I use event planner weekly to collect registrations.  I require email addresses to be entered, if a company has one email address for multiple people the registration gets kicked out and states you already registered.  The registration should be determined by name not email.  If the name and email address do not match exactly the registration should not be kicked out. Also I would like an event planner over-ride, if I need to register someone who is a friend/family member of one of my members for an event I would like to be able to override some of the required info lines that I set up, ex business name and email address.

Occasional Visitor
I know the information is still available if you click into the campaign, but time is helpful at a glance on the home page. Thank you.
any word yet on when users will be able to sort by event date again? And when emails will be separated from campaigns so you can quickly see what's up next to be sent and what was sent recently? Your system is no longer conducive to the way we market our brand, which is making it very challenging to get work done efficiently. Thanks for letting me know. -Julianne
Established Member
Why did you do that? The events are not in chronological order. I could find what I wanted in a second now it takes forever... WHY???
Please consider adding a sort feature to the 'Events & Registrations' section of the Campaign section that allows you to sort by event date. The current sort features are VERY time consuming and isn't particularly helpful when you have over 100 events posted. Thank you!
We really need our event campaign listing to be in order of date of event. Disappointed the new dashboard does not have this feature.
Please add a sort category in the drop down of "Active."

What a disaster!!!

The new update took the events listings from chronological order to date created order. I am in total shock!

We create our events 5-6 months before they occur. We do  not create then in any special order. As they come together we post them. Therefore, with the new sorting order we are finding next weeks events listed 6-8 pages back with October and August events.

I called customer service and they said they are getting a lot of calls on the issue but there is no solution. They offered a few workarounds like to create a folder for each month's events and then spend the time to comb through the list of events and move them into the correct monthly folder as you find them. That will be hours of work with a very unacceptable result. We operate 225 events a year and post them 6 months in advance.

If this is not fixed fast we need to move over to a competitor.

I hate this new format - we have always like the fact that all events are listed in the order that they are coming up. We have a lot of events open at the same time and this new format won't allow us to put them in date order, other than the date they're set up. That makes no sense to us. This needs to be addressed asap.

My top event was created 2 years ago. Is there a way to change this?
Frequent Visitor

I have archived two emails which appear on my main screen. It doesn't make sense to see items which have been archived above events which are currently running. It doesn't make sense to also see past events on the main screen above the current events. It's a waste of valuable space. Can this be changed?

CTCT Employee

Thanks for the feedback @BeverlyR9.

Can you tell me more about the order you would like to see your campaigns appear?

CTCT Employee
Status changed to: Open Questions

Frequent Visitor

I would like to see active events, then recent emails. After that, the most recent events then emails.

Thanks,

Tiffany

CTCT Employee

Status changed to: Certified Great Idea

Occasional Participant

It is very difficult to find emails and events with the new system. It would be great if:

- Emails could be sorted by Scheduled in Date Scheduled Order (not mixed in with other sorts)

- Events could be sorted by the date they occur, not last modified (not very helpful)

Last created order can sometimes be helpful, but I'm typically looking to see if there are conflicts in the dates things are scheduled. It's almost impossible to figure this out when I have a lot of things going on.

Occasional Participant

Add a 'smart sort' order choice which'll use scheduled date then last-modified

smart-sort.PNG

I need current events.
Occasional Contributor
Please have a sorting function that allows Event Campaigns to be listed in chronological order according to the actual date of the event.
Solution Provider

Love this idea- thanks!

Solution Provider

Can you also please have a mobile responsive layout on events so we can compete with the other event marketing tools? Thanks

Occasional Contributor

Whoever redesigned the event module apparently doesn't use Constant Contact for events. Events used to be easy to get to and were automatically listed in the order of the upcoming events. Now it's a mess.  

The most useful and most obvious way to display events is chronologically from nearest date to farthest date. Please add this option ASAP. 

Occasional Visitor
Prior to the recent update, events were listed in the order they would be occurring and not the date created, last modified etc.. I am requesting that this feature be reinstituted ASAP. It is immensely difficult to manage/monitor all of my events when I can't see them in a chronological list or sequence.