Integrate welcome series with 3rd party apps

0 Votes

I have been a happy customer of Constant Contact for years now – and I especially appreciate your reliable, available technical support. I am creating online courses now using Thinkific and when people sign up for the course I use Zapier to send the email over to my Constant Contact list to get an auto responder series going. The challenge is that if Constant Contact sees that this person is already on another list of mine, it won’t allow them to go into the series… And the person is not entered into my auto responder. It’s very frustrating and right now I’m working woth Zapier to build a workaround for this problem. I’m simply telling you this because it would help to know that I didn’t have to do a multi step Zap to fix this – it would be wonderful if my people could just go in to my series, whether or not they’re already on another one of my lists or not.

Top Answer
Frankie_P

Hi everyone, we're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect the status of the idea with our engineering team. We can't guarantee a time estimate on when this will be resolved but should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and are continuing to collect further details on this experience.

We are looking for additional details including which plugin is having the issue and if using the workaround of re-adding the affected contacts to the Autoresponder list through the contacts tab. Please comment on this thread with your information so we can forward them appropriately

3 Comments
Rob_L
Employee
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @GordonJ13 

Thanks for the great feedback. We have been investigating these issues with certain plugins not interacting correctly with Autoresponder series. I'm going to open this topic for voting so we can identify any other customers being affected by this as well. If there are any other plugins that you can identify as having issues, that will be helpful to our engineers.

Thanks for using Constant Contact,

Rob L.

ThibaudC
Rookie

Many of our contacts are added to Constant Contact via 3rd party app integrations with things like Hustle and QuickBooks Online. However, I just learned that when you add contacts via a 3rd party app, it doesn't work with the Welcome Series emails.

I think anyone who becomes a contact should get the welcome email - no matter how they subscribe! There is a work around that I can create parallel automated campaigns but this is messy for other reasons!

At the VERY LEAST, Constant Contact should clearly state in their help documentation that when you create an automated Welcome Series, it won't work for 3rd party app integrations. But who wants their direct mailing company to do the "very least"?

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Gathering Information

Hi everyone, we're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect the status of the idea with our engineering team. We can't guarantee a time estimate on when this will be resolved but should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and are continuing to collect further details on this experience.

We are looking for additional details including which plugin is having the issue and if using the workaround of re-adding the affected contacts to the Autoresponder list through the contacts tab. Please comment on this thread with your information so we can forward them appropriately

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More