cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting List Option & Closed Registration Message

Waiting List Option & Closed Registration Message

Could you please create a waiting list option for events with an area to include a custom message saying that "this session/event is currently full. Please click here if you would like to receive notice of changes in availability openings or additionally scheduled sessions/similar events. It would be good to know who is wanting to register after an event is closed. Perhaps that information can be generated by looking at who is clicking on the registration links from the event announcement. Thank you!
  • Find more ideas tagged with:
32 Comments
Occasional Visitor
I wish there was an option to put people on a waiting list. It would be nice to have the number limit, but as people register I could move them to a waiting list and they would be marked as such. Then after the end date, if I still had space I could add some from the waiting list into the extra slots. This would help me to keep my vendors relevant, but also allow less relevant ones to participate if there ends up being room.
Occasional Contributor

I saw old posts on getting a waiting list feature for events. Any update on this?

Thanks!

Liz

I REALLY need the ability to send a customized message when registration is full. For example, I offer existing members guaranteed space until a certain date If a non-member tries to register during that time and sees that registration is "full", they might not come back after the reserve date passes to try again. Also, even once we're full, we do accept wait list applicants, because someone always cancels. But there's no way to communicate this with the current system.

Status changed to: New

Thanks for posting this feedback!

Occasional Organizer

We use EventSpot to collect registrations for training classes. We have a hard limit on the number of attendees. However, it is not uncommon for someone to cancel. I with there was a wait list feature that kicked in automatically when the event limit is reached. Currently we manage this process entirely offline, which requires individuals to send a separate email to the person coordinating that training class, and then either manually register them or ask them to register later. If the registration button could change to a "Join Waiting List" button, then it would allow us to collect registration information from the people on the waitlist, and simply change their status to registered when space becomes available. 

waiting list please
Regular Visitor
It would be really helpful for our event organizing if there was a waitlist feature on EventSpot
Status changed to: Certified Great Idea

Regular Visitor
We maxed out on available space quickly, but realized that at some point people may cancel and we would like to have a waiting list. Is this possible?