cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting List Option & Closed Registration Message

Waiting List Option & Closed Registration Message

Could you please create a waiting list option for events with an area to include a custom message saying that "this session/event is currently full. Please click here if you would like to receive notice of changes in availability openings or additionally scheduled sessions/similar events. It would be good to know who is wanting to register after an event is closed. Perhaps that information can be generated by looking at who is clicking on the registration links from the event announcement. Thank you!
38 Comments
Occasional Visitor
I run yoga retreats and there are different fees based on the room selection and limited rooms in each category. It would help to be able to have, say, 10 singles, 10 doubles and 10 in the bunk room, each priced differently. And then each fee category would close automatically when full. It would also be great to then have a wait list that automatically kicks in when the retreat is full.
Regular Visitor
Is it/will it be possible for registrants to update their own status in the future? Right now, people email us to update and I do it manually, but it would be great to have that be something they could manage without us.
Occasional Visitor
Need Waitlist functionality
Status changed to: Vote for this idea if you agree

Thanks for sharing your feedback!

Status changed to: New

Thanks for posting this feedback!

It would help if there were an automatic waiting list option that could be added. Either an automatic format that informed the registrant of the waiting list status, or a link on the "this registration is full" which would email the event organizer of the registrants wish to be on an email list. Thanks!
In future enhancements of Constant Contact, please consider adding the capability to create a wait list. In only my second time to use EventSpot, I desperately need this! My event is almost full, with a month to go before the class is held. A waitlist would give me the capability to capture the contact information of those who tried to register after the event filled, enabling me to fill last minute cancellations and/or determine if the event should be offered a second time. Thank you for considering this enhancement.
It would be useful to show how many seats are available for my event as folks register. Also when event is filled and registration closes I would like to edit that message to tell folks to sign up quicker next week. Thanks.
Visitor
I wish there was an option to put people on a waiting list. It would be nice to have the number limit, but as people register I could move them to a waiting list and they would be marked as such. Then after the end date, if I still had space I could add some from the waiting list into the extra slots. This would help me to keep my vendors relevant, but also allow less relevant ones to participate if there ends up being room.
Occasional Contributor

I saw old posts on getting a waiting list feature for events. Any update on this?

Thanks!

Liz

I REALLY need the ability to send a customized message when registration is full. For example, I offer existing members guaranteed space until a certain date If a non-member tries to register during that time and sees that registration is "full", they might not come back after the reserve date passes to try again. Also, even once we're full, we do accept wait list applicants, because someone always cancels. But there's no way to communicate this with the current system.

Thanks for posting this feedback!

All Star

We use EventSpot to collect registrations for training classes. We have a hard limit on the number of attendees. However, it is not uncommon for someone to cancel. I with there was a wait list feature that kicked in automatically when the event limit is reached. Currently we manage this process entirely offline, which requires individuals to send a separate email to the person coordinating that training class, and then either manually register them or ask them to register later. If the registration button could change to a "Join Waiting List" button, then it would allow us to collect registration information from the people on the waitlist, and simply change their status to registered when space becomes available. 

waiting list please
Regular Visitor
It would be really helpful for our event organizing if there was a waitlist feature on EventSpot
Status changed to: Certified Great Idea

We maxed out on available space quickly, but realized that at some point people may cancel and we would like to have a waiting list. Is this possible?

Occasional Contributor
PLEASE develop this sooner than later. We currently have zero way of tracking how many contacts "would have" signed up for events that were at capacity, nor do we have a way of finding out who was next in line when we have cancellations to fill. This issue alone is enough to make me research your competitors (sorry)...
All Star

Hi.  We'd like to be able to add text and a link to the page that displays in place of the registration page when an event is full.  I know that can'r be done now, and would like it added to the enhancement list.  Thank you.

Need a mechanism for wait list management
Occasional Contributor

Couldn't agree more.  Why is this not completed yet? Very big demand over a good amount of time...

Status changed to: Voting Open

Frequent Visitor
In the Event Set-up, if I want to offer my newsletter, the only choice I'm given is an Opt-Out. For many circumstances, this is too aggressive a marketing tactic. Please give me the choice to decide Opt-In or Opt-out for each event. Thanks!
All Star

It would be helpful for users to be able to edit the "event capacity default message" to add a name and phone number of a person to contact for participnts to be added to a waiting list for the event.

I suggest having an option for the event coordinator(myself) to be able to enter an attendees name and hold a seat. This could be linked to an email with an 'expiration hold date' and also represented by a different color in the registration circle. The hold should require name, email, phone and place for notes about the situation, for instance "waiting funding"
Once an event is full and automatically closes, it would be nice to have an option to default to send people to a wait list.
All Star
While our online registration is closed, participants can still register for our event in-store or by phone before the event. Unfortunately the phrasing "Registration is closed" seems like all registration is complete, even though that's not the case. I have not been able to find a way to edit this text; would be great to have an ability to change this.
Occasional Contributor
An added feature to this section would be a field to add an email address that when an event limit is reached, a email is automatically sent to let a specific person know the new status.
Regular Visitor

Is there still no event waiting list feature?? We have limited seats available and really need to create waiting lists. 

Waitlist registration functionality desired!  "Registration closed" messaging is bad marketing.

Visitor

Would be great if events could have a wait list that a guest could be put on even after registration is closed.

All Star
The message that appears when an event has reached capacity is currently set to : "Registration is closed. The registration limit has been met." This text should be updatable. It would be nice if we could alert our users that they can email us to be added to our waitlist. Example: https://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/eventReg?llr=7tfc4ecab&oeidk=a07eg1xnm77938114a4
Please allow users to change the message sent to people when an event is closed.

I am looking a years of customer requests for a waiting list.  Pardon my skepticism, but I doubt we'll ever see it.