cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

When is your event? section needs date flexibility for multi date events or exclude add to calendar.

When is your event? section needs date flexibility for multi date events or exclude add to calendar.

When a registration page is created for a multiple date program series allowing 1x sign up for the entire series with ability to select programs they are attending, currently the start/end date needs to span from the 1st date of the series to the date of the last program in that series. Ex. 4 programs between 1/25/16-4/5/16 The needs are: Ability to individually enter each date instead of a span to showcase all dates, and/or ability to remove the add to calendar feature from the registration page (it can be removed from the landing page but still visible on registration page. If selected from the registration page it will add the programs to the attendees calendar on every date within the span of dates you have entered in start/end date).
35 Comments
it would be nice to have a "master" event. As it is now, you have to create an event for each thing you want to do, then register for each one. What if they are going to all events that are part of a group. Seems like a lot of work.
Advisor
Status changed to: New
Hello, Thank you for posting. This is great feedback. I can certainly understand the value of being able to hold multiple registrations under one main event. Please vote on this and any other topics you would like to see implemented.
Please create a function to allow registrants to choose from multiple dates for a seminar. The workaround that your support department have suggested are simply cumbersome and none of them display correctly in the registration form the way they should. If your competitors like RegOnline and EventBrite can create these functions, you should also consider doing so. Its only marginally convenient to use Constant Contact's event promotion tool, so there's not all that much to lose by going with another company and importing a contact list to them. This is a function that I expect to be using in the very near future often, and I'd like to be able to keep it within my current account, but honestly the inconvenience of trying to get the multiple date options to display correctly is not worth the trouble.
Thanks for sharing this feedback!
Occasional Advisor

Make this a true event planner. Ability to create a master event which contains multiple workshops, presentations, etc. Clients should be able to register for the master event and also the workshops, etc that are contained there in. A master roster should be available as well as rosters for each included event within the larger event. Attendees should not have to register separately for each included event and the master event needs to be able to determine the cost for each attendee. 

CTCT Employee

I would like to be able to have users select multiple fees rather than put all in the items area. We are offering classes and often parents select more than one per child. As is they need to enter as a check box then add the item. Best if as they select each class total would calculate. Need ability to select more than on Fee.
Solution Provider

There are a couple of other ideas in this list that are about the same thing (needing to be able to have multiple events in one registration listing, as in a series) - all of them have significant "agreement" numbers - I hope you will combine them and take this into account when deciding what to work on first. Thanks for making a great product, otherwise.

All Star
Hi It would be wonderful if we registrants could choose multiple options. We have 4 day events where registrants can choose which courses they want to attend. Currently we have to list EVERY option because folks cannot choose more than one button. We also use the CC Survey and the different matrix of options could be useful in Event!

Thank you for sharing this feedback!

Visitor
Need way to break an event into sessions without using Items so can communicate with each session attendees, and keep reporting simple. Current workaround suggested is not sufficient.
Solution Provider
If you visit my page at IthacaWorks.com you will notice that it is for a conference event. The event features multiple presenter options per breakout session. We need to know the number count for each session and we used a very in-elegant solution to have them select their session. I really would like the ability of using RADIO BUTTONS for them to choose. It would look much nicer. 2) Currently we have to list the description for each session and I have two problems. One, I would really love a toggle feature similar to cvent (http://www.cvent.com/events/networking-over-breakfast/agenda-89345202061847dba67cf557eb54952b.aspx) Also, I ran into your 31,000 character limit multiple times and had to resort to images of the session descriptions. Please consider making this a larger number.
Status changed to: New idea

Thanks for posting this feedback!

Frequent Visitor
Your start date and time and your end date and time cause conflict if the dates for the event are over a period of time -not just one day. There is no way to edit this, the only option is to click it off and put the info in another place in custom fields. Which is so unfortunate. So on the left of the Registration we only see Where, we dont get to see When
A way to add different sessions without the cost showing would be great. Having the option to hide to $0 total would be great so my clients don't see that.
Status changed to: Vote for this idea if you agree

Status changed to: Voting Open

ABSOLUTELY!!!!  Thank you!  I have suggested that as well.  I am glad I am not the only one who needs this feature! :smileyface:

I have multiple fees added to an event but I need to have the capability for an attendee to select more than one fee.  Someone wants to sign up for a dinner and not the conference or sign up for dinner and the conference or I also have a separate tour bus or session on one day and not the other.  Are you saying I have to have a radio button with every possible combination of attendee registration?  In my case that would be 5 option fees and you could combine them in a multitude of ways resulting in well over 25 fee combinations!  This seems very basic that you have a requirement to select more than one fee at a time because you may have a variety of different fee combinations and that making a button for each possible combination is absurd!  Right now they can only select one fee at a time.  What am I missing?   

Occasional Advisor

You are not missing anything. CC development seems to have their focus on
Social Media and email and not the event management package. We have
requested for years that they make the pricing package more flexible so
that cumbersome work arounds aren't necessary and they introduce the
ability to have multiple workshops inside 1 event with individual workshops
selectable and separate rosters. It also doesn't hand workshops with more
then one meeting (we have workshops that have multiple sessions over
several weeks). But major functional changes seem hard to come by.

Occasional Visitor
When creating a event registration with multiple sessions constant contact allows someone to choose multipole sessions to attend as long as they choose all of them during the initial registration. However, people typically do not think that way and very often will register for 1 session and then at a later date registrar for another. Currently, there is no way for a user to register for multiple sessions at different dates without using a new email address and creating new registration. This is major functionality that is currently missing.
Visitor
Hi, it would be nice to have an option for a 2-day event to have start/end times for each day. Thank you!
All Star

We hold 2 seminars in one town.  A Tuesday/Thursday. We allow them to choose 1 night of the 2. So I need the ability to have 2 dates on 1 event that they choose from on a landing page. 

All Star
It would be great if I could add another block to WHEN. I have an event that is two days. Day 1 starts at 8:00 am and ends at 4:30 pm. Day 2 starts at 8:00 am and ends at 1:00 pm. So, the registrations looks like the event starts on day 1 at 8:00 am and runs continuous to day 2 at 4:30 pm. Since I am not able to change this, I will not be able to use this Constant Contact future. Sad!

For our business we do seminars for one event/product; however, these seminars are offered in multiple locations.  It would be very helpful if you were able to enter multiple locations for an event under the Event Campaign selection.  The recipient/client would then be able to select a button for a location that would take them to the appropriate registration and landing page.  The way we have had to do this for the last two seminars is create registration and landing pages under the Event selection for each location, then go to the Email Campaign selection create an email and put in buttons with links to the URL's for the registration page.  This creates multiple entries and seems difficult to use, plus the Email themes do not match any of the themes in the Event selection campaigns.  Overall our product didn't seem too cohesive.

Solution Provider

The date and time fields for event registration is too limited for my client's purposes. My client often has weekend workshops and the system only allows us to show start date and time and end date and time; so the Fri. eve class could start at 4pm - 8pm, Sat. 10-4, and Sun. 9-12. I struggle with how to present that in the limited amount of info. I'm allowed. Do I say Starts Fri at 4 to Sun at noon? That would display: Fri., 4:00 -to- Sun 12:00. I hesitate to do that because some could interpret that as Friday starts at 4 and Sun starts at 12, and may think, "oh good, I can go to church in the morning". If it was clear no one would miss Sunday's class and people could plan knowing they have Sat. night free or if they're long days they may have to take other things into consideration. So, If this could be addressed, that would be helpful.

Thank you.

Regular Organizer

Great idea! Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. 

I'd like to have one registration form for registrants to select from multiple times/dates/locations. I can create those questions, but I can't change the box on the left that lists only one time/date/location. I'm afraid this will be confusing to people when they register.
Occasional Visitor
Hi - I'd like to add a pre-header to this email I am sending to the registrants for a workshop on Saturday, but there is no where to add pre-header text. Please add
Visitor
We are an auction company. At most an ad for a specific auction would run 5 days. 14 days is the shortest option available, and it is to long for our purpose
Solution Provider

I recently scheduled a webinar and could not find a function that would allow me to show the same event on back-to-back days, each day with sessions, at 10 AM and 2 PM.  Also, I had difficultly finding a webinar company that could integrate with CC.  I wound up using Cisco's webex.  Meeting Burner is the webinar company listed on your "Marketplace;" however, when I called them, they only integrate with "MailChimp"

You might want to check that out -- just a suggestion.

Frequent Visitor

There needs to be a feature to support non-contiguous class dates.  In the sewing world, we often have a series of classes a week or a month apart. This gives the student time to complete their homework (ie. to finish the portion of the project started in class in order to be ready for the next class). The fee would be for the entire class, and the student is expected to attend all classes, so I can't break it up into multiple events.  If I did break it up, that would imply to the students that they could only participate and pay for the dates that they want to attend.  This would not be acceptable to the instructor.

All Star
Would like the option in a event campaign to have the ability to register in the same event for more than one day. Example, I hold a banquet two nights in a row at a large trade show. In the same event invite I would like for my customers to choose which night, or both nights if they wish, to attend. As it stands now I have to send out two separate invitations forcing my customers to go through registration more than once.