Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Your new survey form has a lot of glitches

0 Votes

I just set up a survey and when I thought I had it right, tested it, etc, I sent it out.

Before I activated it I discovered that it ADDS a new blank question every time I try to edit an old one (adds it at the end). Then, when I delete that, unless I quickly save it, the save button disappears and it reverts back to pre-editing.

Also, for some reason I could not insert spacers in between questions (I ended up having the questions be a different color type to get around that).

THEN I sent it out and discovered, that if someone doesn't answer all required questions, it doesn't TELL them that, it simply acts like it is hung up in the submission process.

On top of that, I discovered that if you ask someone to rank option something, if they don't include one of the items - Say they never use one of the products/services you are asking them to rank - that apparently counts as an incomplete question, and they can't submit the survey, but don't know why.

On top of all this, in the back end a notice came up saying there is a glitch and you can't report summary of responses.

I tried to call but I don't have time to be on hold all day. AND, this seems to be your idea of how I can give you feedback. This is very upsetting to me.

3 Comments
Frankie_P

Hi @RoarkC

We apologize for the delay in our response. With that said, we would be happy to help troubleshoot this experience further with you. For instance changes not saving, what changes did you make? You also mentioned, contacts not being notified of required questions and being unable to submit due to incomplete rankings. You are correct, at this time rank questions do require contacts to either rank all or none of the options listed in order to submit. How would you expect for this type of question to work instead? We are however unable to replicate the same experience of not being notified of a required question.  Are you contacts not seeing this error message appear?

If so, can you share a screenshot of what they are seeing instead and the name of the survey campaign?

As for report summary of responses - are you seeing this happen when exporting the responses as "summary with text responses"? Is it showing 0 responses instead of the actual number?

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Gathering Information

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Closed - No Action

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community. We haven't heard back from you so we are going to close this idea. This doesn't mean that we aren't listening to your feedback! Please feel free to comment or vote on any of the other open ideas to let us know what you would like to see.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More