cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payment options

payment options

you should have the option built into the system for different rates for different methods of payment, ie paypal, credit card, at door, etc.
51 Comments
Visitor
Eventspot is great but there should be an option to disable payment and handle it separately via custom fields. Additionally, the possibility of extracting the total cost via API to handle payments on company payment gateways would be a much useful feature.
Status changed to: New
Thanks for sharing this idea!
Occasional Contributor
I noticed you only have two venues for accepting credit card payment online, and I would like to suggest that you add more. We use Payflowpro, and because we aren't able to use it, it is making it difficult for us to accept payment the way we would prefer. Thanks!
Advisor
Hello, Thank you for your feedback! This is helpful information to know and thank you for providing the name of another potential payment gateway we may be able to connect to in the future. Please vote on this and any other ideas you agree with.

As a UK user we use WorldPay for our credit card online payments. Would you also consider connecting to this gateway?

Thanks

All Star
Most of our events are for Club members only. The event fee is charged to their Club account. The list of payment options doesn't include anything like that; we choose "Pay at the Door" as the least confusing, though not accurate. Please add "Other" to the list, with an ability to explain what "other" means.

Thanks for sharing this feedback. Have you considered using a Access Code to allow the people using their club account to not be charged through EventSpot but instead allow them to complete registration for "free" so you can charge them later? Here's and FAQ on access codes: https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/5595-differences-between-discount-a...

An additional payment method of "Bill Me" or an "Other" option where we can specify our own method when creating the event would be very helpful! None of the existing options really work for us.
Regular Visitor
Association need online dues payment
Visitor

Our business uses Authorize.Net to accept MC and VISA, but we intentionally do not accept AMEX and Discover. I suggest an Event feature to allow me to select the cards to display on the form. Otherwise, AMEX people will get frustrated and walk away. Even better...setting payment up only once, and have it apply for every event. Today I must open up each event and put payment information in on each one.

Thank you for sharing this feedback, Janice. 

We have an event we hold every year for vendors, and this year we are handling our registration using EventSpot. One problem we have encountered is the limited number of options available for Payment Method. We allow the vendors to pay by either Check or Credit Memo, but since Credit Memo isn't an option, we just have Check selected. We added custom fields to the registration form to let them pick if they are paying by check or credit memo, but since this isn't connected to the payment method in the system, the confirmation emails for these registrants don't make sense (they chose Credit Memo, but it says Payment Method: Check) There are two ways that this could be improved. Ideally, we would love to see you add an additional form of payment that is customizable, so we could put any text we want for the name of the form of payment. Alternatively, if we had more control over what shows up on the confirmation emails that would help as well. Thank you!

Thanks for sharing this feedback!

Occasional Visitor
I'm very displeased to find out that after purchasing Eventspot, I cannot use the gateway provider for my merchant account that I already have. I should not be required to use your preferred provider, I should be able to directly link to the one I have.
Advisor

Advisor

Hi,

Thank you for your post. We appreciate your feedback and are always looking for ways to improve our products. Adding additional gateway providers is a great idea, and I will pass your feedback onto our engineers.

Ken

Regular Visitor
I am with a university that is currently looking at purchasing Constant Contact. The one set back is that the university will be using TouchNet-Marketplace for credit card payments. Constant Contact does not integrate with that. I have not checked into the options with WePay for PayPal as far as fees, but there needs to be some way that I can place a disclaimer and fee increase on the Constant Contact side. This would allow attendees registering to know that the fees associated with paying by a credit card will be passed along to them.

Thanks for posting this feedback. You're right that we don't integrate with TouchNet at this time but this is something to look into for the future.

Have you tried including the disclaimer on the sign up form as a text box?

Solution Provider

I'd really like to see more payment solution options to use with EventSpot, other than PayPal, that will accept Canadian accounts. WePay and ProPay only accept U.S. accounts.

We currently use Stripe for our online payments, but it is not a payment vendor option for Event Spot. Our decision to add Event Spot will be based on payment accessibility so it would be great if you can consider the ability to add a vendor of choice as opposed to selecting one of two you currently offer.

Thanks for posting this feedback!

Occasional Contributor

Currently Event Spot only supports PayPal for payments if you're Canadian based. Our registrants are increasingly from organizations where they are not allowed to use PayPal with their corporate credit cards, and PayPal has become increasingly difficult to use for some users due to their enhanced credit card verification and account structure (which isn't appropriate for our customers or transactions through Event Spot).

Suggest Event Spot to plug in with Stripe which is similar to WePay (2.9% + $0.30, no monthly, no annual, no withdrawal fee) and supports Canadians or enhance the WePay to include Canadians so we can take payments directly on the form without directing through PayPal.

Thanks for posting this feedback!

Please add new features to be able to modify payment options if desired beyond Check, Pay at Door, PayPal or Credit Card. For example, I would like to change "Pay at Door" to "Charge my member account"(in the case of our golf club) but am unable to do so. Also, it would be helpful to be able add an option and be able to customize it. Seems like this would be an easy development fix. I am a new customer and will likely cancel if this enhancement cannot be made. Thanks

Great feedback, thanks for posting!

@JaniceP27 wrote:

Our business uses Authorize.Net to accept MC and VISA, but we intentionally do not accept AMEX and Discover. I suggest an Event feature to allow me to select the cards to display on the form. Otherwise, AMEX people will get frustrated and walk away. Even better...setting payment up only once, and have it apply for every event. Today I must open up each event and put payment information in on each one.

So, are there any plans to implement this "certified great idea"? We have this issue as well, since we do not accept Discover card. It's frustrating to registrants whose charges are declined, and they are not always understanding about why the logo is there if we do not accept the card.

Status changed to: Voting Open

Occasional Visitor
I definitely have a need for multiple registrants to be paid by one credit card. i.e. husband and wife, or large group from one company. Also, it's restrictive to require a separate email for, say, a husband and wife.
Regular Visitor
Is it possible to add a "Bill My Company" to the payment option? We have a lot of companies that pay for several attendees, but let them register on their own.
Occasional Contributor

Even when I'm logged in, I cannot find on their website any info about Help, Contact, or Community. When a Constant Contact rep sent me a link to WePay's "Submit a Request" page. Apparently WePay does not have real-time reps.

All Star
Wanted to design email donation for using Amazon Smile
Regular Organizer

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, this is a great idea!

Regular Visitor
Is there a possibility to add a new payment method: ie: "Bill my Company" - or "Other" with the option of "Bill My Company or Pay Later"? This is important to our type of business.
Visitor

When guests are registering for an event, Please make a payment option that states something like " Other pay/ pay Event Coordinator Directly"  something to allow guests to pay me at my store in advance on my cc reader when they don't want to register online.  Then I won't have to make a "pay by check" option available in order to register these guests this way even though they have paid me with cash or cc at my store.  I want Pay w/ CC option or Pay at Watermelon Creek Vineyard

so I am not waiting for checks.  I don't use the  " Pay at The Door" Option very much.

Thanks,

Deborah

Thanks

Deborah