cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API Custom Web Form And Thank You Page

Occasional Participant

It's ya man The Rogue! :badgrin: here.

So post your questions, on the topic and let me go to work on figuring this thing out because it really can't be that difficult.

If I can't figure it out somebody, somewhere, knows how to do this, and they will share it with me... One way or the other. Ya Feel Me!

Post your questions NOW!

Let me get to work.

The Rogue! :badgrin:
15 REPLIES 15

Greetings,

I'm a total noob with Constant Contact but I do have programming experience. Recently, one of my clients asked me to use this for the email subscription of his site which is built in PHP. So far, I haven't had much luck on getting started with Constant Contact it maybe because I'm not looking at the right docs or I'm not looking at them properly.

Basically, what my client needs to be done is have the current sign up page in his website to be used instead of the sign up page that's here in Constant Contact. I know that the API is the way to go, but I'm not sure where to start. Can you help me get started with this?

I think its worth mentioning that I've tried using a PHP class for Constant Contact available in PEAR but I always seem to get a failure response.

http://pear.php.net/pepr/pepr-proposal-show.php?id=471

If anyone else have tried using the class found there, please enlighten me.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Clamp

I'd also be interested in some assistance with this. I'vd done programming (including some php) in the past, but am not a whiz at this API piece.
Occasional Participant

Hey Folks It's Ya Man The Rogue! :badgrin: Again,

Well, I spent a couple of hours on the telephone trying to get through to the folks at CCTS today and it seems that, it takes a couple of days to be contacted from CCTS (Constant Contact Tech Support) after filling out the FREE form for API information.

My understanding is they will respond with a form that you have to print out, and agree to by signing your life away and fax it back to CC.

So for now I am just waiting to be contacted by CCTS and once that happens I will sign The Rogue!'s :badgrin: life away and move forward once more.

So, I don't expect to hear back from them until Tuesday (even though I fill out the form on Wednesday the 29th) and and then we'll get ur done.

The Rogue! :badgrin: I'm Out!

P.S. My Bad It's a FREE Service, That's Why You Get Rush Service.

Can someone give me an example of what a workable API in HTML should look like. I get the success "0" code, but the information is not posted and my success pages doesn't display.

Robert
Occasional Participant

What Uuuup! It's Ya Man The Rogue! :badgrin: Here,

I got the info on the API it only took 1 5/8 days for me to get the info, so we're good. I'm going to work on it now and I will get back with ya'll soon, ya heard me!

The Rogue! :badgrin: Out...
Occasional Participant

hi all,

Download api and sample code example on this link
and enjoy...................

http://www.jamesbenson.net/projects/ConstantContact/

bye

I've received the API agreement form and they sent back examples for using this with .cfm and .php, but I'm using .asp

I'm running into problems with this and keep getting this error:

result = 500 Unexpected error occured while adding site visitor.
ar = 500 Unexpected error occured while adding site visitor.

Has anybody successfully used .asp for their subscription on their website?

I've also received the same documentation and am also use .asp
Have you had any luck?

I don't understand how to get the error codes back from constant contact. How do you tell it what page to return to so that we can check the results.

Occasional Participant

Yep, using ASP as well, here. Any API's made in this 'script language?